Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missing screw?

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    So what year did the hole disappear, & does anyone have a theory on what the hole was meant for in the first place?
    My 2013 Space Star has a thing attached to that hole.
    Name:  Schroef2.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  56.1 KB
    Name:  Schroef.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  63.2 KB

But it's purpose? Beats me. It looks like a rubber damper, but what should be dampened?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Space Wolf For This Useful Post:

inuvik (08-01-2023)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Wolf View Post
    My 2013 Space Star has a thing attached to that hole.

But it's purpose? Beats me. It looks like a rubber damper, but what should be dampened?

No idea what its called in English, in German its called Tilgergewicht.
    The purpose is to counteract resonance style vibrations.

The same sort of contraption is built into on the exhaust hangers of CVT models, the manuals don't have those style exhaust hangers. The engine must put up more power idling a CVT than a manual, and thus vibrate a little more, therefore only the CVT models have it.

My 2014 1.0L European MT does not have that extra hole in the engine mount.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

Fummins (08-02-2023),inuvik (08-02-2023),mohammad (08-02-2023),Space Wolf (08-05-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    My 2020 has the hole. I might rather have the dingus! I'm not looking at it and I know it has the hole. Why? Because if you guys remember a post I made about driving down to an uncle's funeral in Louisiana, a cousin of mine (the one that insisted her Mirage was turbocharged) has a Mirage. Hers is Raspberry. Anywho, some other cousins were looking at her car and saw that hole and thought something fell off of hers. So they looked under the hood of the Blueberry and sure enough, mine had the same open screw hole.

So, at least my 2020 has the hole. It's less weight without the dingus, so I guess I should be glad ... those without the dingus are more of a racecar.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

inuvik (08-02-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    My 2020 has the hole. I might rather have the dingus! I'm not looking at it and I know it has the hole. Why? Because if you guys remember a post I made about driving down to an uncle's funeral in Louisiana, a cousin of mine (the one that insisted her Mirage was turbocharged) has a Mirage. Hers is Raspberry. Anywho, some other cousins were looking at her car and saw that hole and thought something fell off of hers. So they looked under the hood of the Blueberry and sure enough, mine had the same open screw hole.

So, at least my 2020 has the hole. It's less weight without the dingus, so I guess I should be glad ... those without the dingus are more of a racecar.
    See, these cars are junk. 2 of them already lost their dingus'. That wouldn't happen with a better brand like Hyundai.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (08-02-2023),Mark (08-02-2023)