Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Vancouver gas prices...highest ever in North America?!?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    "The U.S. daily national average for regular gasoline is now $2.81 per gallon. That's up from about $2.39 per gallon a year ago, according to Oil Price Information Service. And across the U.S., 13 percent of gas stations are charging $3 per gallon or more, AAA said last week."
    http://www.fox9.com/news/summer-2018-gas-prices

It looks like this summer, prices are jumping up in the States. Pretty sure these rising gas prices will get some Mirages to sell.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ford's decision to discontinue manufacturing fuel efficient cars - maybe not their best decision ever.
    Skills: Cage fighting, computer chatting, making sweet moula

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Yep - timing is everything.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Canadians bought 50% more plug-in cars in March than the previous record month.

Coincidence?

I wonder if this will affect Mirage sales. It should, yet traffic to the forum has been steady, despite gas prices hitting 3-year highs in general in the States & Canada recently.

Thread: North American gas prices hitting multi-year highs. Will people buy more Mirages?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

A year later, prices on Canada's west coast have hit another fresh record - closing in on $1.80 a litre.

(Here in Eastern Ont., I just paid for the 2nd most expensive fill ever for my beater 2000 Chevy Metro.)

Yet Canadian Mirage sales last month were the lowest April since the car's introduction.

So much for the idea fuel prices would help move efficient vehicle choices?

"...A recent report by the International Energy Agency shows that Canada’s vehicles have the highest average fuel consumption and carbon dioxide emissions per kilometre driven. They are also the largest and the second heaviest in the world..."
    When it comes to vehicles, Canada tops the charts for poor fuel economy

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

MacClyver (05-10-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    MetroMPG wow... I paid 2.999 two weeks back. So nearly a record for me as well, and that works out to only 1.06 CA$/litre in comparison. And your link is interesting, I'm shocked the USA could be beaten for total population mean fuel economy...

Maybe part of it is fuel economy R&D gets hyped sooo much. Like a Chevy Sprint or Honda CRX could match or beat those mileage achievements way back in 1985. Or to reductio ad absurdum realize that a 2019 Buick Enclave gets comparable mileage to a 1909 Ford Model T. So people get a cheap used compact for their first car and everytime they "upgrade" rationalize oh whats 2 less mpg. Until eventually their $800 Sunfire has become a $50000 Yukon that gets a third the mileage... My dad had a GMC Yukon company car for a work trip recently, he said it rode terrible and horrid(reimbursed) mileage to boot.

I for one wouldn't be caught dead owning an SUV. So maybe my attitude isn't that unusual, rather just a polar opposite of the norm...

Since, if you wouldn't be caught dead driving a subcompact you may be willing to pay anything for gas just to support your habit, even if it means going into debt. Oh wait that there hulking vehicle already had them in debt even in the days of cheap gas... Never mind... Lol, not to rant, this is just a frustration of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    Because those prices are normal around here, we can buy numerous efficient models, not just the Mirage (Space Star).
    That's the amazing thing - people in BC are recently paying almost the same price for fuel that you do in Germany.

Yet affordable, fuel-efficient vehicles aren't selling. In fact, there's an ongoing trend of manufacturers cancelling small car models in North America.

I gotta laugh at all the comments at the bottom of the latest article as well as some posted here hating trucks. I'm not prejudiced against people that drive little cars, lifted trucks, big suv's. Everyone of those drivers can be courteous or can be the stupidest people on the road. But after watching lots of dash cam videos on the youtubes, it's easy to say truck drivers have anger issues, especially if they're big lifted ones lol. I used to get people flipping me off once in a while for no apparent reason when I had mine. I kinda miss it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Mirages must be like gold up there right now?!?

Attachment 11773
    Got a better one Attachment 22258 1.78/L in Vancouver, that's $5.40/gallon murican'. That's worse than California!

It's $1.41/L out here in oilberta = $4.284/Gallon Murican' That's about as high as California.

Attachment 22259
    Last edited by Fummins; 10-12-2021 at 08:19 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (10-12-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I paid $1.43 earlier today at Canadian Tire gas bar in Ontario. It was only last spring-summer that I filled my Mirage in Sarnia sunday morning for .68 c a litre.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)