Thread: Mirage gls cvt 2013(help)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

Mirage gls cvt 2013(help)

Good day to all. I'm from Philippines and have little to none what happened to my car. Please bare with me as i don't know if I'm using the correct terminologies. I'll try to keep it as short as possible

So i didn't use my car for a few days 3 or 4 i guess. When i try to use it a while a go it won't accelerate properly. Won't go faster than 20km/h but the rpm go up fastet than it should. I barely stepped on the gas. And when i try to step it to move forward it shakes like stop and go *am i making any sense? * so i just turned around and just park the car.

I need your advice as i don't know what to do. My car is already out of warranty but this is the 1st time i experienced this.

Thank you very much in advance.

Edited:
    Additional info regarding for recent questions.
    - "D, P, R, N, B", In dash not blinking.
    - no warning signs on dash.
    - cvt fluid is in fine condition. Just have it changed recently.
    - fluid indicator wires (under the backseat) reconnected 4 or 5days ago. (fuel indicator blinking and showing that there's no fuel but it has and in full tank so i have it checked and wires are cut.)

Last edited by russelldane; 05-04-2018 at 08:05 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Is the gear indicator on the dash blinking when you put it into "D"? If it is then the transmission is in "limp mode" and there are codes that can be read with a OBDII reader.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    I just checked it and it's not blinking on "D" or park neutral, reverse and B

That doesn't sound good. Is there any fluid in the transmission when you pull the stick? What color is it? It should be clearish light brown.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Are there any warning indicators on your dashboard?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    @Fummins it has and clear light brownish color. I recently changed it like 3months ago i guess.

@eggman no there's no warning sign indicator.

I forgot to tell that i just recently have my fuel indicator wires under the backseat connected because when i have it checked it has been cut.

Total shot in the dark, do all your brake lights work properly? Do you have regular bulbs or LED?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    All rear brakes are stock and working except 1 from aftermarket rear bumper skirt that comes with rear lights to that they tapped in stock rear lights 5yrs ago.

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Have you used the OBD scanner? I'm assuming ECU troubles.

Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire