Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YouTube Professional Reviewers keep bad-mouthing the Mirage

Quote Originally Posted by Space Wolf View Post
    European eh?

Wonder what he thinks about the Attachment 11810Seat Mii, Attachment 11811Citroën C1 or Attachment 11812 or Fiat Seicento. All European Compacts, all are heavier and have less interior room than a Mirage. The base trims also have a weaker engine. You're my hero Fummins!
    Fixed it

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Space Wolf (05-11-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    He hated the car, as 98% of all car reviewers do.
    Actually, that's a misconception!

Thread: MYTH: car reviewers hate the Mirage

OK, it's definitely true that 98% of a certain kind of reviewer seem to hate the Mirage. And those would be the spoiled, entitled, traditional "enthusiast" reviewers. EG: typically Americans and Brits who work for big name enthusiast rags/sites/channels (or the self-styled wannabe's who aspire to be like them).

But there are plenty of level-headed reviewers who see the Mirage for what it is, and understand the target market. See the above link for plenty of those.

I thought about doing a counter-review to Doug's, but I never got around to it. I guess I still could. The Mirage review for people who "get it".
    DO EET!

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I actually used to like some of Dougs videos. But he is a moron. And just belches out verbal diarrhea at times
    I enjoyed reading Doug before he got crazy with YouTube. The thing that I find most annoying is the sheer repetition. His videos are annoyingly formulaic, cookie-cutter, boring.

On the other hand, props to him, because obviously it's a formula that works. He's found a massive audience, and the guy is making some serious money for his efforts.

But I don't watch/read anywhere near as much as I used to.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'll concede, there ARE some reasonable reviews of the car. Problem is that the "mainstream" reviews that pretty much everybody sees are scathing! You have to WANT to find a positive review to find one.

In other words, unless you already "get it", the reviews you stumble upon will just reinforce your preconceived notions about a 3-cylinder economy car.
    Last edited by Loren; 05-15-2018 at 04:50 PM.
    Simplify and add lightness.

You have to WANT to find a positive review to find one
    Not really - I just have a Google alert for Mirage reviews. I see them all!

But you're right - the "big name" US sources were harder on the car than average.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)