Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just over 52K on 2015 and had complete failure on CVT

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
    Dear eggman, really? I'm even more suspicious now...they need an answer by Monday, I'm freaking out, I wanted to take it to another garage to get it scanned...
    Sounds like you need to communicate to the Middle East Corporate Office

https://www.mitsubishicorp.com/jp/en...deast/uae.html

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Maybe you may try going to a Nissan dealership to get an estimate. Since the Nissan Versa uses the exact same CVT transmission Janco CVT-7

Definitely get a second opinion from some other repair shop just in case they are lying to you. I think the Chevrolet Spark also uses the same transmission also (depending on what country you buy the car)
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Only problem is that bellhousing is likely different, as well as programming. I'd just get a low km used one then sell the thing and get a manual.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Lebanon
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thanks to all of you for your answers.

I have news...after 1 month of waiting for an answer to my goodwill (still no answer), I decided to go to the dealership to ask for the email of customer service in Japan. They said they don't have it!!...Does anybody know the email of the head office in Japan? I searched a lot online and didn't find an answer.

Also I managed to see the error code which is P0841...any idea? is it really gear box failure as they said?

They authorized me to take out my car because I said I wanted to try to sell it...they also said my good will is still going on, thanks god. So how much can I sell it? it's a 2014 mirage...

I hope you guys can help me figure it out...should i sell it, add the price that I'm supposed to pay for a new cvt and buy a new car? should I wait for the approval on the goodwill and change my cvt at the dealership? or should I drive my car (since there is no apparent issue) and wait for the cvt to completely fail?

thanks a lot for your time!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Vanessa, have you contacted the Middle East Corporate office as inuvik suggested?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Also I managed to see the error code which is P0841...any idea? is it really gear box failure as they said?
    Sounds like a huge headache. I'd find someone competent to give you a second opinion. Get them to drop your oil pan and look for metal chunks or large filings. That p0841 is for a low fluid pressure. It could be just a faulty sensor or it could be a sign of your cvt is on it's way out and irreparable damage has already been done. In that case just drive it til it quits moving if you want to take the chance. Or locate a used cvt and have a private shop install it? That'd be the quickest and cheapest thing to do. There aren't any magic dealer tools needed to replace the cvt.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Dear eggman, really? I'm even more suspicious now...they need an answer by Monday, I'm freaking out, I wanted to take it to another garage to get it scanned...
    Considering that my 17 has 44k and only drive on the fway in 50/50 traffic and around 110 miles a day for work, I am scared considering for 5k I can get another car, rather then repair this one. I should of gotten a stick when I could!

mitsu's in the family

2024 Mirage SE

2021 Mirage ES CVT (Sold)
    2021 Outlander Sport 2.0 ES CVT (trade in)
    2018 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT (ex wife's car, crashed)
    2017 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT Smartphone Link Display Audio (SDA) System(Crashed)
    2015 Lancer SE 2.4 AWC (sold)
    2014 Mirage DE 1.2 Manual and BT (sold)
    2004 Galant DE (mom's sold)
    2000 Mirage DE 1.8 Auto (sold)
    1988 Cordia L Turbo (trade in)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)