Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage Center Console w/ Arm Rest

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    lol, i have one of these in my 2008 yaris. i should just switch it over!

btw, for those that were curious in previous posts: that little nub on the bottom fits in the screw hole in the yaris, which is recessed and is in the bottom of the cup holder.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Center console ordered

I ordered this console from http://www.ebay.com/itm/391117370372 for US $37.52 and free shipping. It is being sent via the US mail system from Union City, California. When I get it (ebay says the 23rd of April) I'll take pictures of everything from the box it comes in to the actual console then the console in the car. So, stand by console fans more to come!!! LOL

Country
    United States
    Thanks

To Drill or Not To Drill

I have read several post where no one wants to drill a couple of holes in the bottom of the rear cup holder. If you are installing the console into the cup holder what difference will it make to have a couple of holes drilled that won't be seen and will alleviate the console from moving. My console has been ordered from

http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Black-Cen.../391117370372? hash=item5b10697404&vxp=mtr

for US $37.52 and it came from Union City, California via US Parcel service delivery and is suppose to be here Thursday April 23rd. I must say the folks that already have their consoles have given some great advice for installing and I thank everyone for that. The Mirage is my wife's work car so hopefully this will make her happy!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I got one of these a few months ago and really like it. I took a 2" piece of garden hose and heated it in boiling water to soften it. I then mashed it flat and pushed it between the console and cup holder to make it tight. With the seats slid forward its easy to drill two small holes in the sides of the cupholder slightly to the rear. Self tapping screws came with the console and it works great..

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.2 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Received my console today 4-24-15 paid 37.50 with free US Postal Service delivery, took six days to come from Union City, California.
    Name:  20150424_154106.jpg
Views: 1286
Size:  95.6 KBName:  20150424_154127.jpg
Views: 1301
Size:  92.6 KB

I added a couple of larger wood screws in the cup holder for a tighter fit. The console moves but it's the piece of plastic that the factory cup holder is in. I took a Dremel tool and ground off the nodule that is on the bottom part of the console that goes into the cup holder. Wife loves it . . . job done!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by cchataway; 04-25-2015 at 01:29 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Looks great!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    yeah, I'm sold...great spot to throw the keychain while I'm in the car

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My keys never come Un clipped from my blue jeans most of the time, love the fast start. I also enjoy this center arm rest a lot, for the price you can't complain!
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks Daox, I initially bought from a company named "NEVERLAND" in Hong Kong, then got a thread from "alex16" showing a cheaper price and from here in the States. The one here in the states shipped from Union City, California and took six days to get to me plus it was two or three dollars less than Neverland and instead of paying two dollars for shipping and waiting 8-14 days for shipping got it for US $37.50. I used Pay Pal for the purchase and they helped get my order to Neverland canceled and money refunded to my Master Card in a day and a half.

If you drive with your seat pulled way forward then it will not leave much of the console exposed, my wife drives with her seat pulled forward for her 5'4" frame where I have the seat pretty much all the way back for my 5'12" frame.

One thing I've noticed you really shouldn't use the console to help you get adjusted in your seat because as other forum members have stated the console is solid, the piece of plastic trim where the rear seat cup holder is is flimsy and causes the cosole to move left and right. I'm thinking about taking some "L" brackets I have in the garage and securing the plastic trim to the floor with the "L" brackets.

Has anyone else done anything like that to make the plastic floor trim more stable?
    Thanks,
    Carl
    Last edited by cchataway; 04-26-2015 at 11:03 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    how is the height of the armrest you got from ebay? does it seam about right?