Thread: AC problem

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

AC problem

So i encounter this problem twice. Both after a regular carwash nothing done inside the hood. I always turn on my AC using Auto and leaving it as is for regular use. But when i turn it on all indicator is on and if i manually set it the air coming out is hot as a heater. Only temp that will blow cold air is 19 and below. Name:  P_20180526_014854.jpg
Views: 1042
Size:  93.0 KB

After few hours on both incident it'll automagically fixed again and works normally. As usual when i turn the AC on Auto the indicators is normal as it usually should. Name:  P_20180526_105933.jpg
Views: 849
Size:  87.6 KB

So what happened on the 1st pic? I don't know what it caused as i have little knowledge about this and how can i prevent it to happen again

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by russelldane View Post
    So i encounter this problem twice. Both after a regular carwash nothing done inside the hood. I always turn on my AC using Auto and leaving it as is for regular use. But when i turn it on all indicator is on and if i manually set it the air coming out is hot as a heater. Only temp that will blow cold air is 19 and below.

After few hours on both incident it'll automagically fixed again and works normally. As usual when i turn the AC on Auto the indicators is normal as it usually should.

So what happened on the 1st pic? I don't know what it caused as i have little knowledge about this and how can i prevent it to happen again
    Quick question russelldane - what are cabin and outdoor air temperatures when this happens? The Mirage auto climate control will try to maintain whatever temperature you have set. Maybe I misunderstand your problem.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    My best guess is that when you go through the car wash, the pressured water spray puts a bunch of moisture on the ambient outside temperature sensor behind the front bumper. Until all that water evaporates the sensor is getting a false reading and “thinks” it’s cooler than it actually is.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

fc321 (05-27-2018)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    @eggman I'm from south east asia so it's definitely hot but it's around 1am so I guess 30ish. And 25 is my usual temp i set for my AC or maybe lower depends on how hot the day is

@inuvik i also thought of this. It just freaks me out because my mirage is already 5yrs and only now i experience this

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm wondering if your AC system is losing it's refrigerant. Take it in for a check if you are unable to check it yourself. There have been some reports of Mirage AC systems failing - compressor failures come to mind.

Regards.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Maybe I am missing something but 25 C is never going to be cold. That's the same temperature as 80 F.

If you are only getting cold air at 19 C and below, your AC is working fine.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm not so sure of that, stevedmc. Remember, russelldane's location of Manila can get pretty hot. The reported 30℃ converts to 86℉. I would expect the Mirage's automatic climate control's internal temperature sensor to register an interior cabin temperature hotter than what is called for on the control panel and activate the AC accordingly.

Originally russelldane reports after a car wash his system blows hot air then some time later works as expected. I guess in that sense low refrigerant wouldn't fix itself... but might explain why it only blows cold when set to 19℃ - I figured that would direct the AC compressor to run full-time rather than cycle in normal operation and thus give some cool air. Low refrigerant might contribute to this as well, but not if things work normally after some time.

I don't know - I think there's more to this story. After all, online troubleshooting has it's limitations...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Temperatures in Baton Rouge sometimes go beyond 110 F. I know about the summer. Lol

For what it's worth, I've never used the automatic climate control. I usually just leave my ac on 61 F and adjust fan speed as needed.