Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: DIY Ultra Racing Rear Sway Bar Installation

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Saki View Post
    Sir, is this available locally here in the Philippines? If only in Malaysia, how and where can I buy it, and how much? My daughter is based in Malaysia, I could possibly ask her to buy this for me. thanks!
    This is available locally in the Philippines thru URs distributor. You can check UR website for any authorized shops that is near your daughter in Malaysia. It is cheaper if bought in Malaysia, SRP for the UR bar is RM450 last time I bought. If I'm not mistaken it costs PHP10K locally.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage GLS 1.2 automatic: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.2 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gls2001 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-21-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here is a contact to get the rear sway bar in the states. It is the Ultra Racing bar and is sold shipped for $200...

Evan Carollo
    Owner
    www.NextGenTuning.com
    Phone: (727)230-3333
    1715 S. Missouri Ave.
    Suite# 4
    Clearwater, FL 33756

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Thanks for the info HitShane. We've used Evan and NextGenTuning for several ultra racing group buys on the forum. He is a busy but good guy to do business with.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Thanks for the info HitShane. We've used Evan and NextGenTuning for several ultra racing group buys on the forum. He is a busy but good guy to do business with.
    He said he was a vendor on this forum before, to me after I posted the information. I setup up a time line for install. I can't wait to see how it performs after the addition.

-Chris

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Dang.. that's it? How I have to change/access my sway bar.. don't even get me started on the front

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    hey guys, is it a good idea to purchase this fabricated rear sway bar made with 4130 galvanized solid steel bar. i don't know if it'll matter but does it flex or could hold up to the stress? it only uses 2 nuts and bolts to hold the bar in place on the spring perches.

as a side note, I made a rear strut tower bar myself with a thick steel bar. removed it today to paint up the ends and add washers. it's still dead straight. it had been installed for months.

Name:  sway 1.jpg
Views: 967
Size:  61.0 KB
    Name:  sway 2.jpg
Views: 1004
Size:  91.7 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I am definitely no expert, but 4130 is not a spring steel which is what I would assume you would want a sway bar to be made of. I guess just run it and check it occasionally to see how it holds up.

Edit: Apparently 4130 is a common steel for sway bars (though it is not a spring steel).
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I bought the Ultra Racing rear sway bar and front strut brace through eBay in the USA. They still shipped from Malaysia. Installation was straightforward and the DIYs on this forum were very helpful as no instructions are included.

I've always thought that the steering of the Mirage was squirrely, especially at interstate speed on a curve! The combination of these two parts has really flattened out bodyroll, gives a better steering feel, and seems to isolate some chassis vibration from the steering wheel. The rest of my suspension is stock. I'm very pleased with these products!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 70USD For This Useful Post:

HitShane (06-09-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post

Edit: Apparently 4130 is a common steel for sway bars (though it is not a spring steel).
    I had a few BMX bike frames and fork sets that were 4130 Chromoly when I raced/jumped bikes. They didn't bend or tweak, even while jumping 20+ feet high off of dirt doubles or off of the house's roof :P

4130 is very strong

Quote Originally Posted by 70USD View Post
    I'm very pleased with these products!
    Just the rear alone makes a huge difference. I have a few of their braces myself. Well worth it along with some wider wheels/tires :P

Country
    Thailand
    Thanks
    I really wouldn't find finding a set of these for the front and rear but ultraracingcanada doesn't seem to carry them