Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY Ultra Racing Rear Sway Bar Installation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

DIY Ultra Racing Rear Sway Bar Installation

Here's a DIY Installation of the ULTRA Racing Anti-Roll Bar.

This is relatively easy to do. Install time is around 30min max.

What you need:

Ultra Racing Anti-Roll Bar part# UR-AR19-422

Tools Needed:
    - 2 jacks
    - 17mm closed wrench
    - 6mm Hex key

Optional Tools:
    These tools will make installation easier.
    - 1/2 Drive socket wrench
    - 1/2 drive 17mm socket
    - 1/2 drive Torque Wrench

1. Loosen up the bolts on the lower portion of the rear shock absorbers using a 17mm wrench.

2. Jack up the car on both sides at the rear.

3. Remove the bolts on the lower portion of the rear shock absorbers with a 17mm wrench or socket wrench. At this point the rear lower spring mount will drop.

4. Jack up the car further to be able to remove the springs from the mounts.

5. Install the anti-sway bar brackets on the lower spring mount and the anti-roll bar using the 6mm Hex screw and 17mm socket wrench.

6. Re-seat the the springs on the mounts and slowly lower the jack to clamp the springs to the spring mounts from the top and bottom.

7. Re-insert the bolts of the shock absorbers and tighten. If you have a torque wrench tighten it with 35N-m of force.

Enjoy the ride...

After driving the car over curves, I must say that the car doesn't lean on it's side as much as before when it wasn't installed yet.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage GLS 1.2 automatic: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.2 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gls2001 For This Useful Post:

Daox (10-21-2013),fifteenwindow (12-03-2013),MetroMPG (10-22-2013),MirageRalliartJK (10-06-2017),mousee (08-22-2015),zefke (12-01-2013)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Thanks for the write up gls2001!

How does the sway bar feel now that you have it installed?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Body roll has greatly improved during cornering. By the way the GLS variant for the Philippine market has the front anti-sway bar. I wonder if Ultra racing will release a larger diameter of the front anti-sway bar.
    Last edited by gls2001; 10-21-2013 at 03:48 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage GLS 1.2 automatic: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.2 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    enjoy, and keep it between the ditches

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gls2001 View Post
    Body roll has greatly improved during cornering. By the way the GLS variant for the Philippine market has the front anti-sway bar. I wonder if Ultra racing will release a larger diameter of the front anti-sway bar.
    great.. wonder ultra racing is made in malaysia or philipine?

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CheezyWedges View Post
    great.. wonder ultra racing is made in malaysia or philipine?
    I believe Ultra Racing is made in Malaysia. I bought my set of bars in Seremban during my last business trip last month since it is relatively way much cheaper than what they sell here in the Philippines.

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    I believe Ultra Racing is made in Malaysia. I bought my set of bars in Seremban during my last business trip last month since it is relatively way much cheaper than what they sell here in the Philippines.
    owh i see..

anyway, i would like to upgrade my suspension to Titan Suspension located in KL, Malaysia, quoted around rm 2400++ . review quite good and even Ferari also came to change titan suspension (customize shop). you may check my garage for total under body Ultra Racing bars.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CheezyWedges View Post
    owh i see..

anyway, i would like to upgrade my suspension to Titan Suspension located in KL, Malaysia, quoted around rm 2400++ . review quite good and even Ferari also came to change titan suspension (customize shop). you may check my garage for total under body Ultra Racing bars.
    Yes already saw your garage. I got all 6 bars, only 3 installed right now. Still have to install the 2 lower bars and rear strut.

Also asked GAB if they are going to develop one for the Mirage and waiting for a response. Titan is still cheaper than the Tein coilovers. Is the Titan CO fully adjustable, height and rebound? Does it also come with pillowball mount for the front?

Here's a DIY Installation of the ULTRA Racing Anti-Roll Bar.

After driving the car over curves, I must say that the car doesn't lean on it's side as much as before when it wasn't installed yet.
    Thanks a lot for posting this, GLS2001!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Very Nice Post,

Ik like the swaybar you installed, looks pretty easy and straightforward to do. However should it not be somehow attached to the body of the car in the middle? At this point I don't see how it can actually work if it isn't.

So far I like this forum a lot, it really goes all over the world.

greetings from the Netherland
    Paul
    Last edited by zefke; 12-01-2013 at 07:36 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Spacestar Invite 1.0 manual: 48.2 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.8 mpg (Imp)