Thread: Ambient Temperature Glitch

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Ambient Temperature Glitch

I am having an issue with my 17 Mirage every time it sits parked in the sun when the ambient temperature is above 85 deg F. The interior temperature I am sure will be above 120 F.

Under those conditions the car will start normally and drive for about 5 minutes and then the radio and center display shuts off, the yellow key warning light in the speedometer comes on, a chime sounds continuously and the amber light in the Start On/Off button flashes continuously. Otherwise the car runs normally.

This anomaly lasts about 10 minutes until the interior temperature cools down with the A/C. Then the radio/display comes back on and all the warnings turn off.

Any ideas?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Sounds like a F.A.S.T. Key error of some type. Open your fuse box inside the car on the driver’s side. There should be a yellow plastic square with two fuses in it (one is for the radio, the second is for the F.A.S.T. system). Unplug it, attempt to start the car (shouldn’t start). Put the fuse back in and push FIRMLY. Restart the car. I had a similar error that I cleared by doing this and it’s never given me another problem in 2 1/2 years.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

DAF33 (06-13-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Will try that. Thank you!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Does your F.A.S.T. key warning indicator on the dash light up any time other than during these symptoms? I kinda suspect that the battery inside the key might be affected by the increased temperatures - just a guess.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Sounds like a F.A.S.T. Key error of some type. Open your fuse box inside the car on the driver’s side. There should be a yellow plastic square with two fuses in it (one is for the radio, the second is for the F.A.S.T. system). Unplug it, attempt to start the car (shouldn’t start). Put the fuse back in and push FIRMLY. Restart the car. I had a similar error that I cleared by doing this and it’s never given me another problem in 2 1/2 years.
    Had to wait for really hot days (it has been raining a lot) to test your suggestion. Thank you, thank you! It worked