Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mirage 74hp vs Attrage 80hp engine (Mirage sedan engine more powerful?)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If I won the lottery, I would just have an evo lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What's the fun in that?

I would turbocharge the Mirage and still daily it.
    Then I'd buy an f150 raptor.
    Then I'd buy the new McLaren.
    Then I'd buy a Ducati streetfighter.
    Then I'd buy a house and call it a day.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Any car can be "tuned" for more power. Hell, even motorcycles get tunes too.

However, tuning companies dont usually "tune" cars like the mirage.

I suggest that if you're looking to get a tune
    1. get supporting mods first: air intake, header, and full exhaust. There is practically no other "bolt-on" supporting mods for our cars except for those.
    2. find the most "badass" tuner around town WITH a dyno. Although street testing could also be an option. The point is: don't get those generic "plug in" tunes because those tunes don't take your location (air quality, altitude, etc. etc.) into consideration.

Here's where it gets ugly: the tuners will probably use some sort of standalone ECU to run your engine which would require them to rewire all the stock ecu. Since our cars are not EVOs or Skylines, there are no harnesses (yet) for our cars, meaning work for them that will probably never be done again (at least in their shop) thats why they will probably charge you more.

Hell, if I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd write a fat check to the best local tuner in town (and here at Houston, we have one of the best in the industry) and tell him to tune the mirage. Intake and exhaust on race fuel will probably gain 20hp, but nothing more.
    Thanks for the clarification. But 20 HP is a lot won't you agree?

If I won the lottery I won't even bother tuning the car. I would buy a huge house in Indonesia, get myself a Mitsubishi Outlander to drive around (gas and tax doesn't cost **** compared to NL). Get myself 3 housekeepers (am creating job for loads of jobless ppl there so am actually helping the poor indirectly). 4 dogs which 2 husky with full aircon house and 2 akita Inu's. And just driving around practising my hobby ... hahaha ;-)

But it depends on the lottery prize, those above can only be done when winning the jackpot

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Agreed. 20hp would definitely be worth it. I've already done the calculations. Looks like 5k will give me a turbo and an excellent tune. Actually, that price might fluctuate as I didnt count fuel pump and injectors. That setup might be good for about 110-120 to the wheels.

Also, go to the Philippines. Lots of house help, fresh food, tropical climate, etc. etc.

I already have a lot there... So I'll just have to get a house built when I win the lottery.

Pop Green Plus
    Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Would 6hp really make that much of a difference?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage LS Pop Green Plus Pack 1.2 manual: 43.7 mpg (US) ... 18.6 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.5 mpg (Imp)

Mitsubishi Technician live4redline's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So many posts I want to quote and comment on but not enough time in the day...

I'm going to skip the "you" need to check the year, not the generation galant posting and not go into how Mitsubishi is probably the most interchangeble of any car company.. The fake tell you what you want to hear chip tune on a Mitsubishi thing that I wouldn't consider real tuning. Bypass the whole "more power always equals more fuel" which is not true at all situation.

As far as the two tunes on topic, its very easy to pull more or less power from the same motor. The factory tunes are almost always extreamly forgiving. If you had the unlocked roms I wouldn't see any reason why you couldn't use ether tune on your car. Other then that you'll only be limited to maf/map requirements and security issues as the ECUs are coded to your key. Although you can fix the security stuff at the dealer and with ecuflash and a definition file for the Rom in question.

Also, yes 6hp can mean a lot when you didn't have a lot to start with. 6 of 60 is a 10% increase.

P.S: If I won the lottery I would buy a Mirage. While we're at it, who wants to trade me a Mirage for one of my Evo's, lol.
    Daily: 2017 Mirage G4 SE - Not Boosted Yet!

Current Project: Working on legitimate Mirage Tuning

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by live4redline View Post
    So many posts I want to quote and comment on but not enough time in the day...

I'm going to skip the "you" need to check the year, not the generation galant posting and not go into how Mitsubishi is probably the most interchangeble of any car company.. The fake tell you what you want to hear chip tune on a Mitsubishi thing that I wouldn't consider real tuning. Bypass the whole "more power always equals more fuel" which is not true at all situation.

As far as the two tunes on topic, its very easy to pull more or less power from the same motor. The factory tunes are almost always extreamly forgiving. If you had the unlocked roms I wouldn't see any reason why you couldn't use ether tune on your car. Other then that you'll only be limited to maf/map requirements and security issues as the ECUs are coded to your key. Although you can fix the security stuff at the dealer and with ecuflash and a definition file for the Rom in question.

Also, yes 6hp can mean a lot when you didn't have a lot to start with. 6 of 60 is a 10% increase.

P.S: If I won the lottery I would buy a Mirage. While we're at it, who wants to trade me a Mirage for one of my Evo's, lol.
    can u take my mirage ? i will bear the shipping cost... opssss

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Wait.......don't the 4a92s run 11.0cr pistons? And I swear I read somewhere that the 3A9X and 4A9X were supposed to be about the same motor with a cylinder chopped off.