Thread: 2018 Mirage G4 ES

Country
    United States
    Thanks

2018 Mirage G4 ES

Hello everyone,

Picked up a 18’ G4 ES last Friday. Sticker was over 18k. Out the door price including taxes, title etc was about $13.5K. Was driving my full size F150 super crew to work for about 7 months strait and got tired of filling it up every week. Wanted a used economy car but for what I wanted to spend they were either high miles or too old for the price they wanted. Seen a local dealer advertising the Mirage and checked it out. So far I really like the car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Welcome to the forum! Lots of good info and people here. Post up some pics of your new ride when you can and create a garage entry.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaG4 View Post
    Hello everyone,

Picked up a 18’ G4 ES last Friday. Sticker was over 18k. Out the door price including taxes, title etc was about $13.5K. Was driving my full size F150 super crew to work for about 7 months strait and got tired of filling it up every week.
    Hello FloridaG4 and welcome to the forum.

Wow - the Mirage is a far cry from a F150 crew cab. Not sure how long your commute is - you might still be filling up once a week - but you sure won't be spending as much each time. It's a big reason why I got one too. Be sure to check your tire inflation. I fill mine up to the sidewall max (and then some) and get even better fuel economy. Look at my fuel economy numbers at the bottom of this post - that's my lifetime average with this car.

As inuvik says, there's lots of friendly folks here willing to help other owners make the most of their Mirage. Let us know if you have any questions and we'll do our best to help out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Welcome aboard! With the way gas prices are going your G4 may well pay for itself every month. Better to spend that money on equity in a car rather than just sending it to Exxon, right?

My 2015 (bought new) has nearly 100,000 miles on it and hasn't given me one day's trouble. Not even a CEL. Mileage has dipped since it was new, but I still get over 40 mpg in the winter and around 46 mpg in the summer.