Thread: 2019 models

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

2019 models

Heard '19 models will be the same as the '18 models. '20 or '21 should bring the next BIG change. We do not know if suttle changes are occuring but usually they do example the '18 G4 got pass through.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Being there was a reface, in 17? I can see a new "idea" of the mirage is 2022-2024 most factirys like to "renew" cars every 5-7 years
    2018 mirage ES manual

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 41.6 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 50.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Timinator View Post
    Being there was a reface, in 17? I can see a new "idea" of the mirage is 2022-2024 most factirys like to "renew" cars every 5-7 years
    Mitsubishi's recent history hasn't supported that theory. I'm talking about the Lancer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DottandDolores View Post
    Heard '19 models will be the same as the '18 models. '20 or '21 should bring the next BIG change. We do not know if suttle changes are occuring but usually they do example the '18 G4 got pass through.
    I really enjoy my 2017 Mirage ES (manual), & I hope to be saying that 10+ years from now. Thus, I am more interested in what the 2027 & beyond Mirages will look like!

The Mirage is a world car brought to the United States. That is the best thing going for it. Otherwise, it would evolve into a F150 or Silverado. I know that may sound silly, but try buying a nice new small Ford car in a few years.

It's nice to see what will be next, but I've also learned to be happy with what I already have. While other small economical cars continue to disappear, it would be nice to see the Mirage still standing strong! It would be sweet justice for car critics that don't get this car.

The trend is to take vehicles and make the next edition larger and more powerful. Eventually, the original design or purpose gets lost along the way. For example, I believe the new RAV4 is larger than the original Highlander. The Honda CRV has grown so much, Honda had to create a new model to replace what the CRV was to begin with.

I hope the Mirage stays the Mirage. If Mitsubishi wants something larger and more powerful, create a new model that is one step up. In my mind, those cars already exist with other brands. The Mirage is a little unique, and thus the appeal in my mind. I hope the Mirage continues to improve, but not change drastically in the years to come. I would be surprise if that happened, however.
    Last edited by Mark; 06-21-2018 at 03:35 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I really enjoy my 2017 Mirage ES (manual), & I hope to be saying that 10+ years from now. Thus, I am more interested in what the 2027 & beyond Mirages will look like!

The Mirage is a world car brought to the United States. That is the best thing going for it. Otherwise, it would evolve into a F150 or Silverado. I know that may sound silly, but try buying a nice new small Ford car in a few years.

It's nice to see what will be next, but I've also learned to be happy with what I already have. While other small economical cars continue to disappear, it would be nice to see the Mirage still standing strong! It would be sweet justice for car critics that don't get this car.

The trend is to take vehicles and make the next edition larger and more powerful. Eventually, the original design or purpose gets lost along the way. For example, I believe the new RAV4 is larger than the original Highlander. The Honda CRV has grown so much, Honda had to create a new model to replace what the CRV was to begin with.

I hope the Mirage stays the Mirage. If Mitsubishi wants something larger and more powerful, create a new model that is one step up. In my mind, those cars already exist with other brands. The Mirage is a little unique, and thus the appeal in my mind. I hope the Mirage continues to improve, but not change drastically in the years to come. I would be surprise if that happened, however.
    I don't think the mirage would turn into an F150 or Silverado, but I certainly think it would turn into yet another crossover (coughcough eclipse cough) if certain people get they greasy ideas all over it.

No, the Colorado and upcoming Ranger will be the ones morphing into the Silverado/F150. Have you seen the 2015-later Colorado?? It's huge. So is the price tag. Why can't we have a little truck like a Hardbody or Mighty Max with a modern engine?