Thread: Rear window Defogger question

Banned
    Country
    Philippines
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Rear window Defogger question

Does the rear window defogger of the Mirage have to work without turning on the Airconditioning or does it have to be turned on for the rear defogger to work?

Thanks.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    I'm pretty sure the rear window defogger can work independent of the air conditioning. I don't think I've ever tried it...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    They are completely independent of each other.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Daox (06-22-2018)

Banned
    Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Then it seems its not working because everytime it rains and while the A/C is on and its the rear window gets foggy the rear window defogger is not working.
    Does anybody know what can I do to fix it?
    Last edited by GearSpeedKelvo; 06-22-2018 at 12:45 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Check your fuses first.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GearSpeedKelvo View Post
    Then it seems its not working because everytime it rains and while the A/C is on and its the rear window gets foggy the rear window defogger is not working.
    Does anybody know what can I do to fix it?
    Push the button to turn on the rear window defogger. Or will it not turn on when you do push the button?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Push the button to turn on the rear window defogger. Or will it not turn on when you do push the button?
    That'd be an easy fix! I had a car come in yesterday with the new driver complaining the ac doesn't work. It worked fine for me. I found out when they picked it up the driver didn't push the snowflake button

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Banned
    Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    The light on the button of the rear window defogger is on. I even turn it on even while the A/C is on but the fog on the rear window doesn’t disappear. The mirage is 6 months old.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    And the fox does disappear when A/C is off?

To be sure, we are talking about what is called 'rear window heating' on my language, right? The electrical wires glued at the inside of the window?

I wonder if the fog is on the outside.
    everytime it rains and while the A/C is on and its the rear window gets foggy
    It's raining, and your A/C is on, and you live in the Philippines. So I guess it's hot outside, and the humidity is near 100%. With A/C on I'd expect the windows to fog on the outside. The front and side windows will be cleaned by the rain, but the rear window is covered by the spoiler.
    Have you tried the rear wiper?

You wrote

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Banned
    Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Wolf View Post
    And the fox does disappear when A/C is off?

To be sure, we are talking about what is called 'rear window heating' on my language, right? The electrical wires glued at the inside of the window?

I wonder if the fog is on the outside.
    It's raining, and your A/C is on, and you live in the Philippines. So I guess it's hot outside, and the humidity is near 100%. With A/C on I'd expect the windows to fog on the outside. The front and side windows will be cleaned by the rain, but the rear window is covered by the spoiler.
    Have you tried the rear wiper?

You wrote
    Its a sedan what do you mean fox does disappear? When it’s night time and its raining and the A/C is on with 18 on the thermostat there is fog/moist on the rear window that fog thats what I want to remove because its quite difficult to see at night
    when there is fog/moist.

Last edited by GearSpeedKelvo; 06-24-2018 at 02:29 AM.