Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension Sticky Index (look here for good info)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HitShane View Post
    I went with black to cover up brake dust I use mine as a work vehicle and it gets a lot of miles.

I bought a hydraulic floor jack as soon as I got the car to keep in the back lol. I paid a shop to mount the wheels and tires because the TPMS sensors need to be moved over to the new wheels. You will also need hub centric rings to center the wheels on the hubs. I also bought black lugs to match. You can click my profile pic and then look at my Garage for pics of my car...
    How do you like the little car? Everything I've read makes me excited to drive mine.

I also read that I don't have to use TPMS sensors in my State for replacement wheels. Do aftermarket wheels always need hub centric rings? On Discount Tire Direct, it doesn't mention needing those for a wheel/tire package on this car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jlxturbo View Post
    How do you like the little car? Everything I've read makes me excited to drive mine.

I also read that I don't have to use TPMS sensors in my State for replacement wheels. Do aftermarket wheels always need hub centric rings? On Discount Tire Direct, it doesn't mention needing those for a wheel/tire package on this car.
    I like it a lot. I wish I had got a better deal on it, but my old car was totaled and I needed a new car fast as my job depended on it. I did put some mods into it, as it didn't drive well before those were complete.

The TPMS sensors will cause your dash idiot light to come on and the car to beep if you don't have them installed.

If the center bore isn't 56.1 or whatever it is then yes you do and every site I found sells the hub centric rings with the tires. If not they are $20 a set. You will also need new lugs, also $20...

Kool Link I found that shows wheel/tire combinations that apply to all of our cars... The RED WIDE TIRE means they will/might rub...
    http://www.automobile-catalog.com/ti...mirage_gt.html

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HitShane For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-23-2016)

Country
    Mexico
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    i need some help im trying to buy new shoes for my mirage 2016 whats the bigges wheels and tires i can go for?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cristomar View Post
    i need some help im trying to buy new shoes for my mirage 2016 whats the bigges wheels and tires i can go for?
    I would re-read this entire thread. It answers every one of your questions.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HitShane For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (09-23-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah JT View Post
    Over here they are 14x4. The multispoke alloys are 14x4.5, the LS wheels are 15x5.
    The donut spare is 12x3 or something.
    Is this the correct size on the donut? The one in my car is shot. The tire was driven on until bald and the wheel itself has a dent in it. I want to replace the whole thing.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Is this the correct size on the donut? The one in my car is shot. The tire was driven on until bald and the wheel itself has a dent in it. I want to replace the whole thing.
    From the driver's side "B" pillar

Name:  IMG_0258.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  95.1 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

185 60 14 tires

I'm feeling lazy tonight and don't want to read through all the posts. Lol Anybody running 185 60 14's on stock alloys? 2014 ES model. Any issues with that size? I have several of these in my Geo Metro stock.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Best tire/wheel interactive fitment guide *ever*

I have yet to find anything better,
    this
    is
    the
    schizzle
    nizzle:

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?whe...cl=30mm&sr=0mm
    ゼロ

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 33.4 mpg (US) ... 14.2 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.1 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minihaha For This Useful Post:

Car Nut (01-25-2017),Eggman (01-25-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
    I have yet to find anything better,
    this
    is
    the
    schizzle
    nizzle:

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?whe...cl=30mm&sr=0mm
    Very cool chart.Not sure if the stock Mirage alloys would be too skinny and wear out the centers in the 185's or not. Discount tire direct shows 185 60 14's as an equivalent size (plus zero) for the 165 65 14's. So... anybody already tried what I was asking about? Successfully mounting and running the 185's on the stock alloy wheels?
    Last edited by Car Nut; 01-25-2017 at 10:45 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Car Nut View Post
    Very cool chart.Not sure if the stock Mirage alloys would be too skinny and wear out the centers in the 185's or not. Discount tire direct shows 185 60 14's as an equivalent size (plus zero) for the 165 65 14's. So... anybody already tried what I was asking about? Successfully mounting and running the 185's on the stock alloy wheels?
    Unless you are trying to change your tire size, just order these.

https://www.pepboys.com/tires/detail.../1207857/00840

Weird thing is I ordered a set of these "Nika" tires last week, and they sent me Vee Rubber "City Star V2s". Correct 165/65-14 size, different tire. Nika is a sub-brand apparently made in Thailand by Vee Rubber anyway. Had them arrive yesterday via Fed Ex.

They look like decent tires, and for $40 each...shipped...I am not going to complain.