Thread: G4 LED Daytime Running lights

Country
    United States
    Thanks

G4 LED Daytime Running lights

Anyone install the LED daytime running lights on their G4 yet? Once installed do they plug right in? I've read where the dealership has to program them to work.

I ordered a set of OEM and should be here next week. I believe you have to take the front bumper off to get them in. I'm hoping they just plug in. I looked at the fuse box in the engine compartment and where there is a fuse for DRL there is no fuse.

Anyone install a set yet?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    I believe this will have to be enabled via ETACS. You can do this yourself but it isn't the easiest thing to do. You need the proper software, cable and a degree of technical knowledge. Dealers like to charge around $100 to enable items via the vehicle software (which I think is completely outrageous). But that's what the going rate is.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Got the DRL's in yesterday. Installed them last night. Had to take the front bumper off to pull out the stock fog lamp bezels and to install the new DRL's w/Fog light bezels and to run the harness to the new DRL's. The worst part was under the dash unplugging all the wires and removing the fuse block and bracket. The new DRL's comes with a harness under the dash but for the life of me i could not find the plug that goes to one on the new harness. After thoroughly looking and couldn't find the needed plug i put everything back together.

I did run a wire from the positive side of the battery to a wire on the DRL's harness in the engine compartment and was able to get them to light up. Tomorrow i will run a wire with a add a fuse to an accessory fuse and add a simple lighted switch under the dash to make them work. The positive is that i can turn them on at any time. In the instructions it doesn't mention anywhere about the dealer having to do any programming.