Thread: Hello from Maine

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Hello from Maine

Hey folks, new '18 Mirage G4 owner here. Went with this one because I really needed a brand new car, and this had a decent price tag.

A little about me - I'm a 501st Legion Star Wars costumer. I have built and owned three screen-quality Stormtrooper costumes over the past 5 years, and I plan on driving this Mirage all the way to Chicago for Celebration 9 next year. That'll be about 16 hours of driving! The trunk is a lot bigger than I was expecting from a car this size and will easily fit at least one of my big armor totes and then some.

Here is my most recent build, a Shadow Stormtrooper from The Force Unleashed:

And the new Mirage G4!

Hoping to find some info on how to squeeze more performance out of this quiet little engine and find some ways to make this my own. Thanks for having me!

- Mike

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TK80494 View Post
    Hey folks, new '18 Mirage G4 owner here. Went with this one because I really needed a brand new car, and this had a decent price tag.
    Hello Mike and welcome to the forum.

There's a lot to like about these little cars. I also bought mine new. For me the best features are it is affordable to purchase, affordable to operate, and is reliable. This leaves more time and cash for other things.

Quote Originally Posted by TK80494 View Post
    Hoping to find some info on how to squeeze more performance out of this quiet little engine and find some ways to make this my own. Thanks for having me!

- Mike
    Performance can be measured in so many ways. This Mirage platform has drawn fuel economy enthusiasts for its efficient, lightweight design and there are lots of little things that can be done to improve this such as turning off automatic A/C and increasing tire inflation.

There's also folks here interested in improving other aspects of these cars. Without a lot of aftermarket support, our community has taken to finding alternatives or even designing from scratch, such as suspension components. And of course there is always the need for More Power.

I'm impressed with your own fabrication skills. Have you ever considered making body panels, such as fender flares? It would be interesting to see what you could come up with. Take a look at this thread for some eye candy: Mirage body kits and modifications (photos)

You can soup up the Mirage and make it your own, or simply enjoy it as it is for what it is - basic transportation that gets you from point A to point B and won't leave you stranded. Let us know what you have in mind. There's lots of friendly folks here willing to help other owners make the most of their Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Hey Mike how's your G4 working out? Share some updates.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)