Thread: 3rd party car alarm for 2014 mirage gls

Country
    Philippines
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

3rd party car alarm for 2014 mirage gls

Just wanted to inquire if it is possible to install a 3rd party car alarm to a 2014 mirage gls given that the start/stop of this vehicle is a push button.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonski21 View Post
    Just wanted to inquire if it is possible to install a 3rd party car alarm to a 2014 mirage gls given that the start/stop of this vehicle is a push button.
    yes its possible...ive seen it done ...a bit costly though but in my opinion it isnt worth it
    "Our knowledge is a receding Mirage in an expanding desert of Ignorance!"

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Yes I have it installed on my vehicle! I had DEFA DVS90 class 3 alarm installed on my start/go mitsubishi mirage, mirage has even engine hood sensor readied for the alarm system. I love the system, it works perfectly and integrated to my keyless key as well so no extra remote needed to open and close the doors. When the door's locked the system engaged.
    I have had my car stolen once, and it's worth it to make it more difficult for thieves to steal the car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RageMi View Post
    yes its possible...ive seen it done ...a bit costly though but in my opinion it isnt worth it
    Why is it not worth it?

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    May i ask wer did u have ur alarm installed? How much?

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I let fleetaccess.nl install my alarm system, it's a dutch company since am in Holland. Total cost is 600 euro which is $828 USD.
    I just got fed up with car thieves so I couldn't care about the money for a good/perfectly working alarm installation. I even put on a steering wheel lock when I park longer than 1 hour or at places I'm not sure about the safety.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Hi guys, got me an DEFA DVS90, and just finished programming it. Now it looks like it only requires 6 wires (power 2, CAN 2 and 2 I dont know what they are) besides the wires for the siren. Any general advice before I install it will be appreciated.

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    hi guys. I installed the alarm today. the hardest part was to go through the firewall with the wire for the siren. actually i manage cutting of a couple of wires and a piece of the plastic. Anyway, wires repaired and plastic sealed without any issues (hopefully did not overseen something).
    instructions are provided by the software, with pictures and are acurate on a 2016 space star.:`)