Thread: Motor Mounts

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Motor Mounts

I'm closing in on 140k mi currently at 135k I have an 2015. Just curious if anyone else are experiencing engine vibrations especially during start up. It has gotten a little worse. My mount near passenger wheel to right is shot.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 34.5 mpg (US) ... 14.7 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.4 mpg (Imp)

I haven't seen a worn out engine mount yet. Our highest mileage has about twice the mileage your car has. The only mounts I've replaced were in some Sonics.

A few Mirages had a rock jammed in the k-frame where the dogbone mount goes causing it to vibrate like crazy when you put it in drive or reverse. And another car had ice and snow packed up between the engine and kframe.
    What is your car doing? Is your air cleaner flopping around?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hoping I didn't just double post. You nailed it I was before having issues with snorkel vibrating bad but I wedged block between snorkel and airbox near where it makes connection to airbox. The mount is my issue I think I'm noticing more engine vibrations coming through floor board. Nothing outrageous. Curious if that front motor mount is the problem because the arm from motor that connects to mount has a rubber spacer bushing that I can spin by hand. It doesn't make contact with arm. I checked the stud on top that bolts arm to mount its good.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 34.5 mpg (US) ... 14.7 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.4 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by MrNuff View Post
    Hoping I didn't just double post. You nailed it I was before having issues with snorkel vibrating bad but I wedged block between snorkel and airbox near where it makes connection to airbox. The mount is my issue I think I'm noticing more engine vibrations coming through floor board. Nothing outrageous. Curious if that front motor mount is the problem because the arm from motor that connects to mount has a rubber spacer bushing that I can spin by hand. It doesn't make contact with arm. I checked the stud on top that bolts arm to mount its good.
    You mean the big rubber washer looking deal on the mount, just under the aluminum. I just checked one and it spins around too.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes sir that's it I guess it's normal?

Seems to be from what I recall. I'll check our 2019 when I get a chance. Does yours vibrate more when in drive? I've seen the exhaust get hit from below knocking the cat into the swaybar or subframe. Also had one car run over something that pushed the exhaust up hard enough to bend the exhaust manifold. A few weeks ago had another car with the tailpipe bent up into the bottom of the car. Looked like they backed into something.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nope besides that she's still rock'n steady and bebop'n down the road. Please sir let us know how the mount is on your newer model.