Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mirage/Space Star owners: what other car(s) did you seriously consider?

Question Mirage/Space Star owners: what other car(s) did you seriously consider?

Just curious to hear what other vehicles were in the running for those of you who decided to get the Mirage.

Interestingly, so far 2 members in the U.S. were cross-shopping against hybrids (Prius C and Honda Insight). One member decided to get the Insight instead of the Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Attrage, Hyndai i20 and Kia Ce'ed. Other than Mitsu it's Hyundai i20 en Kia Ce'ed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    mm lets see

the yaris hyrbid
    is the only option also cvt automatic and low fuel use.
    all others have a 4 speed automatic or a robotized 5 speed manual and or have less mpg

not a lot of options when you want a fuel eff automatic little car.
    Last edited by spacester; 11-08-2013 at 12:03 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Since I'm a Mitsu fan and Mitsu driver, no considerations for me
    However, I like all small cars. Especially Suzuki Swift.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am only interested in a Toyota Yaris 5spd, but used. I also considered the Chevy Sonic until my sister in law bought one and I was not very impressed. I love Toyota, but the Yaris does not offer the same options as the Mitsubishi and the gas/price saving is amazing... Will most likely have my Mirage mid next year unless the Toyota some how adds push button and proximity.. ;P

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2010 Yaris 1.5 manual: 36.9 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Suzuki Alto, Suzuki Celerio, Hyundai Eon, Kia Picanto. Small car or no car! The Mirage turned out to be by far the best value, and I really really like the green color!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    My other choices were Suzuki Celerio, Hyundai i10, Chevrolet Spark and Kia Picanto (all ATs). The CVT Mitsubishi Mirage offered the best fuel consumption among my choices.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 automatic: 37.0 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks
    Old thread, but now that the new models are announced, I want to say:
    From the recent news, I would have considered the Szuki Celerio and the Nissan Micra (because they might be available in the US).

My favorite, however, would have been the Skoda Citigo, but the Volkswagen group doesn't sell them in north America (a shame).
    It's the same base as the VW up! and Seat Mii.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.8 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.3 mpg (Imp)

I take it you've spent time abroad?

I think Suzuki is a no-go for North America. They've closed shop.

The Micra may become a competitor though - it's coming to Canada next month. No immediate plans for the U.S.

And I've heard a rumour that VW is considering the Up for Canada as well, though those VW city car rumours have been swirling for years, back to Lupo days!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks
    yeah, I am from Europe and really missed their choice in mini cars when I was shopping for a new ride.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.8 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.3 mpg (Imp)