Thread: Question regarding connecting rod dimensions

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Question regarding connecting rod dimensions

Anyone know what the length (center to center) of the 3a92 connecting rod is? Also crankshaft rod journal dimensions.

I've noticed the Honda D16 engine has the same bore and stroke as the 3a92. I'm wondering how far off rod length, rod journal and deck height are as well.

This is in hopes of a potential off the shelf forged rod or piston I could use in the 3a92.

'17 Mitsubishi Mirage 1.2L ES Plus 5MT
    '94 Ford Ranger 5.0 Turbo 3 Speed

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don’t have the dimensions but i’ve been told the Honda D series is what rods and pistons are being used from a guy in Thailand who’s running over 17psi. Something i’m looking into currently, however my clutch can’t seem to handle anything over about 7-8psi. So unless I can figure out what to do with the clutch I’m stuck running 5psi, which seems to be pretty safe on stock internals (so far)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    This is good news. Those internals seem pretty affordable. Regarding the clutch, I did kick around the possibility of getting a mirage flywheel drilled and dowelled to accept a D16 pressure plate at least. Both engines seem to use a similar clutch disk diameter, so who knows whats possible?

'17 Mitsubishi Mirage 1.2L ES Plus 5MT
    '94 Ford Ranger 5.0 Turbo 3 Speed