Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Thrumpy :: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DE (Garage entry)

  1. General Information
    Thrumpy
    2014
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage DE
    Silver
    Manual 5 speed

    Firs pic car stock. Next pics I added smooth wheel covers for better aero : ) (homemade).

    Also parking lights in headlight replaced with LEDs.
    Taillight LEDs has been ordered.

    Comments: 29 / Views: 11193
  1. #21
    Bikerfreind
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Solbjerg, Denmark
    Country
    Denmark
    Posts
    293
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 114 Times in 72 Posts
    I'm thinking about if there is a 6 speed gear box that will fit on the mirage?
    Would it be possible?

    ( I had a old Opel Ascona 1978, org. With 4 speed gear box, but it could get a 5 speed gear box with a few mods .. )



  2. #22
    Senior Member 3dplane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    USA Florida
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    291
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 277 Times in 138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uheym View Post
    I'm thinking about if there is a 6 speed gear box that will fit on the mirage?
    Would it be possible?

    ( I had a old Opel Ascona 1978, org. With 4 speed gear box, but it could get a 5 speed gear box with a few mods .. )
    Sorry I missed this!
    Anything is possible but I would not go through the trouble.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)


  3. #23
    Senior Member 3dplane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    USA Florida
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    291
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 277 Times in 138 Posts
    I find LEDs irresistable...so I made this 'prototype' scuff plate/sill plate.

    Name:  P1016439 (Medium).JPG
Views: 828
Size:  28.4 KB

    Name:  P1016441 (Medium).JPG
Views: 858
Size:  34.6 KB

    It's basically a piece of plexi glass with a black sticker on it that I cut the mirage text out with an exacto knife and is backlit by 6 RGB (Red Green Blue) LEDs. Only hooked up blue.
    Bottom of plexi glass is scuffed with sandpaper to scatter light to the top surface. Also stuck a strip of aluminium tape to the bottom to enhance reflectivity but that makes it a bit bubbly looking through the letters so I might remove that.

    Has double sided tape on the bottom perimeter. It's not hooked up yet but planning to hook to the circuit that runs the dome lights/cargo lights.

    You can find them on the net but I was not brave enough to order from the site that I saw it on.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)


  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3dplane For This Useful Post:

    Eggman (06-25-2016),mitsumi (05-13-2017)

  5. #24
    Moderator inuvik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Coos Bay, OR
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,905
    Thanks
    1,498
    Thanked 654 Times in 471 Posts
    Looks Great!

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)


  6. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Adelaide
    Country
    Australia
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dplane View Post
    I find LEDs irresistable...so I made this 'prototype' scuff plate/sill plate.

    Name:  P1016439 (Medium).JPG
Views: 828
Size:  28.4 KB

    Name:  P1016441 (Medium).JPG
Views: 858
Size:  34.6 KB

    It's basically a piece of plexi glass with a black sticker on it that I cut the mirage text out with an exacto knife and is backlit by 6 RGB (Red Green Blue) LEDs. Only hooked up blue.
    Bottom of plexi glass is scuffed with sandpaper to scatter light to the top surface. Also stuck a strip of aluminium tape to the bottom to enhance reflectivity but that makes it a bit bubbly looking through the letters so I might remove that.

    Has double sided tape on the bottom perimeter. It's not hooked up yet but planning to hook to the circuit that runs the dome lights/cargo lights.

    You can find them on the net but I was not brave enough to order from the site that I saw it on.
    Looks great. I'm actually thinking of extending the courtesy lighting system as the single dome light at the front is not enough especially for the rear passengers. Problem is I don't know where and how to connect the wiring etc.

    If you are going ahead with this project, maybe you could write something up in a new thread. It will be very helpful.

    Thanks

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 manual: 46.6 mpg (US) ... 19.8 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.0 mpg (Imp)


  7. #26
    Administrator Daox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Germantown, WI
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    3,786
    Thanks
    1,851
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 599 Posts
    Any updates? Its been a while. You mention LED tail light bulbs ordered in the garage entry, but they didn't work out for you?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing
    Current project: Developing a rear sway bar alternative

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 41.7 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.0 mpg (Imp)


  8. #27
    Senior Member 3dplane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    USA Florida
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    291
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 277 Times in 138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Any updates? Its been a while. You mention LED tail light bulbs ordered in the garage entry, but they didn't work out for you?
    Correct Tim! Actually saying LED tail lights did not work out is a huge understatement! It will screw with the ABS and traction control so bad that at some point the Mirage will refuse to go over 45 MPH!!! (until you turn the lights to the off position and cycle the key off!
    Plus the ABS,ESC and maybe the red brake warning light will turn on with all kinds of brake switch circuit DTCs set!

    I think I wrote my adventures in the old thread about saving 25 watts (LED parking lights).It was a hassle having to solder diodes in the wiring to keep from back feeding into the third brake light and into the parking lights etc.
    Yeah LED tail lights and the Mirage do not play well together unfortunately! Maybe on the 17 model since it has factory LEDs if I'm not mistaken.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)


  9. The Following User Says Thank You to 3dplane For This Useful Post:

    eulogylife (03-27-2016)

  10. #28
    Administrator Daox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Germantown, WI
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    3,786
    Thanks
    1,851
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 599 Posts
    Thanks. I briefly read it after posting here as I was searching for LED info.

    Any other updates to the car that we missed?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing
    Current project: Developing a rear sway bar alternative

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 41.7 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.0 mpg (Imp)


  11. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Aurora
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dplane View Post
    Correct Tim! Actually saying LED tail lights did not work out is a huge understatement! It will screw with the ABS and traction control so bad that at some point the Mirage will refuse to go over 45 MPH!!! (until you turn the lights to the off position and cycle the key off!
    Plus the ABS,ESC and maybe the red brake warning light will turn on with all kinds of brake switch circuit DTCs set!

    I think I wrote my adventures in the old thread about saving 25 watts (LED parking lights).It was a hassle having to solder diodes in the wiring to keep from back feeding into the third brake light and into the parking lights etc.
    Yeah LED tail lights and the Mirage do not play well together unfortunately! Maybe on the 17 model since it has factory LEDs if I'm not mistaken.
    I had a very similar experience. The ABS light would come on and go off almost randomly. Sometimes if I turned the key off and back on the light would go off. Other times it thought the brakes were always being applied and the vehicle wouldn't accelerate at all. Needless to say I took them out after one day of use. I didn't want to have to bother with soldering and such... so thats that.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.3 mpg (US) ... 18.4 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.0 mpg (Imp)


  12. #30
    Moderator Eggman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio ☼
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    4,059
    Thanks
    2,605
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dplane View Post
    I find LEDs irresistable...so I made this 'prototype' scuff plate/sill plate.
    Added to the following stickies:
    Mirage Modifications, Customizations, and DIY list
    Interior, Audio & Video Sticky Index

    And thanks for being a fuel consumption hero!


    Welcome to MirageForum.com
    Forums work best when information is shared.
    And don't forget pictures.
    Mitsubishi Is Not Dead Yet
    Hatchbacks - Can't stop thinking about them.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.5 mpg (US) ... 21.0 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.4 mpg (Imp)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •