Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Have you bought or test-driven a Mirage / Space Star? Tell us about it!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranny View Post
    Agree with djkenny. The Mirage requires a few compromises and is worth it if priced right. Mine was (10.5 for 2015 ES). At list price or even the current Edmunds 'TMV' price, I'd probably pass. The little bugger has been cheap to operate and has given me almost no problems, so I can't really complain.
    Glad you are happy with it. I am very interested in one, for sure. If it works out you know I will announce here.
    There is an new DE within my budget, $10,000, and a color I am not real fond of. I really want the cruise control, the alloys are nice, fog lamps standard. I will pay near 11 grand for a 5 Speed SE if I can. There is some advertised in southern CA for $10,600, but it includes the $250 Military Discount. So, I figure even around $10,800-$10,900 should be entirely possible, Right? Fees and License.. maybe OTD around $11,300 (we have no state tax)?
    I cannot spend 12 grand on a car, anyway.... so there is That.

Crossing Fingers.

What issues "have" you had? Anything common you heard of as of yet? What are the likes/dislikes? Good to hear from an owner. I just found it a bit slow and loud on the freeway. Would really have liked a *flat* folding rear seat.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am 210cm, or 6'10". I daily drive a 2018 Mirage G4, and I don't know how. It is also a 5-speed variant. Every day, I get into this vehicle. I have no clue how I fit. I can't drive a god damn Honda Civic, but I can operate a Mirage. The world is incorrect.

My last car was bound to fail (and conveniently did right before I got to trading it in, so in truth, I had very few choices since I was about 20 miles away from home), and that's how I ended up with one of these. I was looking at a Mirage initially as a joke, but now I believe the Mirage is the one laughing at me.

The Mitsubishi dealer gave me more than enough for my old car, and the payments aren't much more than my old car. I might keep this as my secondary vehicle, and have a faster (aka anything else) ride for other purposes.

This is a surprisingly good winter car, even with the bloody bike tires. More on this later.

To any of you reading this, the Mitsubishi Mirage family checks off every box of what a car can do, and that is it. It will do everything it is designed to do, and nothing that it is not designed to do. It is very simply made, to its benefit and detriment. You'll probably like it more if you're not literally almost 7 feet tall.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NightKawata For This Useful Post:

inuvik (09-08-2019),MetroMPG (09-11-2019),Suzandy (09-16-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NightKawata View Post
    I am 210cm, or 6'10". I daily drive a 2018 Mirage G4, and I don't know how. It is also a 5-speed variant. Every day, I get into this vehicle. I have no clue how I fit. I can't drive a god damn Honda Civic, but I can operate a Mirage. The world is incorrect.

My last car was bound to fail (and conveniently did right before I got to trading it in, so in truth, I had very few choices since I was about 20 miles away from home), and that's how I ended up with one of these. I was looking at a Mirage initially as a joke, but now I believe the Mirage is the one laughing at me.

The Mitsubishi dealer gave me more than enough for my old car, and the payments aren't much more than my old car. I might keep this as my secondary vehicle, and have a faster (aka anything else) ride for other purposes.

This is a surprisingly good winter car, even with the bloody bike tires. More on this later.

To any of you reading this, the Mitsubishi Mirage family checks off every box of what a car can do, and that is it. It will do everything it is designed to do, and nothing that it is not designed to do. It is very simply made, to its benefit and detriment. You'll probably like it more if you're not literally almost 7 feet tall.
    Dude you gotta post a pic of you in a Mirage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Dude you gotta post a pic of you in a Mirage.
    I'm thinking something like this
    Attached Images Attached Images  

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (09-09-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Cmon man post it! lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My coworker is 6'10" and says my Mirage is "not for grownups." I am begging you to post a picture and prove him wrong.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I guess we hurt his feelings? Sorry man!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    2015 with 109,000 miles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It is a case of divine intervention.

I have a cheap acre of land in the middle of nowhere about 30mi from my work and 160mi from my home. I had a big gas-guzzling SUV that I used for daily trips to work and weekly trips home, but I was dying for the fuel bills. I did some research and found that the Mirage was the closest thing to a modern Geo Metro in terms of economy, so I began my hunt. I found a 2015 Mirage in Albuquerque at a car dealership and called them, but they said they had no such car and asked where I heard that they did. "You advertised it on your web site!" I said, but they said that couldn't be true. I figured they might be confused so i took a trip to the big city and checked out their lot - sure enough, no 2015 Mirage. I was already in town anyway, so I checked at nearby car lots. One lot was small and dark, closed hours before, but I took a cusory look and no Mirages. I was walking away when something told me to look a little harder. Sure enough, way in the back, buried behind beat-up trade-ins, I found a red 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage! (God has better inventory than the internet!) I went back to my acre for the night.

The next day at work, I went to the little car lot's website. Plenty of cars listed but no Mirage found. I called them and worked through there broken audiotext system, finally got a human, and they swore that there was no Mirage on their lot. I gave them their own stock number off of the car windshield and the lady said she would dig into it and call me back. A few hours later, I got the call and she said that they did have a Mirage and that I could have it for US$7500. I said I would come and test-drive it that evening.

Turns out the little guy had 98000mi on him already and I was a bit depressed. The price seemed high, but I knew that was the economical yet kinda high-clearance car that I needed (and fast). I hemmed and hawed over the price and they took it down a little. I needed to call my bank to make sure I could withdraw the full amount that night, but the banker said the people that could make that happen had already gone home for the night. I shrugged at the car salesman and walked away.

The next morning, I got away from work and went back to the car lot. They came down to $6900 and the deal was made! God must like Mirages or me, but I have one now and am going to see how it acts on corrugated dirt roads and a bit of outback cow trails to my acre. Trusting in God that it will work out!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to w5jsn For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-07-2021),MirageRally (01-07-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by w5jsn View Post
    It is a case of divine intervention.

I have a cheap acre of land in the middle of nowhere about 30mi from my work and 160mi from my home. I had a big gas-guzzling SUV that I used for daily trips to work and weekly trips home, but I was dying for the fuel bills. I did some research and found that the Mirage was the closest thing to a modern Geo Metro in terms of economy, so I began my hunt. I found a 2015 Mirage in Albuquerque at a car dealership and called them, but they said they had no such car and asked where I heard that they did. "You advertised it on your web site!" I said, but they said that couldn't be true. I figured they might be confused so i took a trip to the big city and checked out their lot - sure enough, no 2015 Mirage. I was already in town anyway, so I checked at nearby car lots. One lot was small and dark, closed hours before, but I took a cusory look and no Mirages. I was walking away when something told me to look a little harder. Sure enough, way in the back, buried behind beat-up trade-ins, I found a red 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage! (God has better inventory than the internet!) I went back to my acre for the night.

The next day at work, I went to the little car lot's website. Plenty of cars listed but no Mirage found. I called them and worked through there broken audiotext system, finally got a human, and they swore that there was no Mirage on their lot. I gave them their own stock number off of the car windshield and the lady said she would dig into it and call me back. A few hours later, I got the call and she said that they did have a Mirage and that I could have it for US$7500. I said I would come and test-drive it that evening.

Turns out the little guy had 98000mi on him already and I was a bit depressed. The price seemed high, but I knew that was the economical yet kinda high-clearance car that I needed (and fast). I hemmed and hawed over the price and they took it down a little. I needed to call my bank to make sure I could withdraw the full amount that night, but the banker said the people that could make that happen had already gone home for the night. I shrugged at the car salesman and walked away.

The next morning, I got away from work and went back to the car lot. They came down to $6900 and the deal was made! God must like Mirages or me, but I have one now and am going to see how it acts on corrugated dirt roads and a bit of outback cow trails to my acre. Trusting in God that it will work out!
    Hello w5jsn and welcome to the forum. Here’s to many happy miles on your new car. This is the peanut gallery here - any questions you have we’ll do our best to help.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (01-07-2021)