Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Have you bought or test-driven a Mirage / Space Star? Tell us about it!

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    How do you do gentlemen/ladies? I am a newbie here. My name is Vin from Manila, and I recently got the chance to test drive the 2017 Mirage Hatchback for a whole week. I own a 2013 Mirage G4, and this review gave me the chance to experience the changes made to the new Mirage.

I am not promoting anything here, I just want the community to know what the new Mirage feels when driven. I also want to get feedback from existing Mirage owners. I got the test car from Mitsubishi Motors Philippines Corporation, and I wrote the test drive article for CarBay.ph. Here is the link:

https://www.carbay.ph/car-expert-rev...hi-mirage-feel

Pardon the title, because they edited parts of the review. I am still talking with the kind people of CarBay.ph to point out some of the errors.

Thanks! Hope you'll like the review. If you have any comments, suggestions or violent reactions, then please let me know. Peace out!

Last edited by dr.joint; 11-05-2016 at 01:34 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dr.joint For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (03-27-2017),daleWV (11-05-2016),Eggman (11-05-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I think it's a great review. That being said, you are preaching to the choir here.

Thanks and welcome to the forum.

I see you made a garage entry, but deleted it? Feel free to re-enter your garage info if you like.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Thank you, sir. I don't feel like preaching to the choir, because I am an actual member of the choir. I love my 2013 Mirage GLX, and I was pleasantly surprised that the new 2017 Mirage is better in all aspects. I actually loved the test car so much, that I don't feel excited testing my next assignment, the Honda BR-V. But don't tell anyone that I told you that, ayt?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dr.joint For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-05-2016)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I had a review that took me 30 min to write. It timed out and I had to log in and again.. it disappeared. That sucks. Annoyed.

Anyways. Shorter version. I spent 40 min driving the car.

Pros:
    Gas Mileage - Got it up to 50 MPG by keeping it below 56 mph on the freeway.
    Turning Radius and easy to steer in slow maneuvers
    Lots of equipment for the money
    Cute
    Decent Outward Vision
    Cruise Control on the SE

Cons:
    Very Loud Road Noise
    Piano inserts are a so so addition. I did not like it on the otherwise nice leather wrapped steering wheel. Felt cheapie and looked it.
    Had trouble moving with authority entering the freeway.
    Shifter felt a bit tight getting into 5th a few times. Might break in over time.
    Rear seat might be tight for car seats, putting a child in and out of it.
    Rear seat does not fold Flat.
    Front seat lacked support, my back sunk in a little
    No feel in the steering. Took some slight correction.
    The electronic digital climate control might be hard to read in the sun.

I think this is a 50/50 Like and Compromise car. The likes make up for the dislikes, at the right cost. For Retail, it is no brainer get a different car. This is not a car I would pay 15 grand for. 9k and some change for the DE?...10k, maaaaybe 11k plus fees if it is the SE. But not $13k, or more, for sure. Too close or the same price as other cars in the segment that are just nicer to drive with better resale (not that I care a ton, I will keep it a long time like I do).

I want one. I will buy a new SE.. if it is $10,500, or less, brand new. Waiting.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to djkenny For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-27-2017)

That bites!

Thanks for posting your thoughts (again!).

FYI: the forum software autosaves what you're typing. So if you're ever logged out again, just re-start the thread in the same subforum and look for a greyed-out "Reload auto-saved content" link under the editing box. It's saved my bacon a few times.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-27-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by djkenny View Post
    I think this is a 50/50 Like and Compromise car. The likes make up for the dislikes, at the right cost. For
    Related, maybe:
    Thread: The Mirage is a "buy with your head, not with your heart" type of car. Too bad.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I agree. If it is priced ultra competitive, a few grand less than the competitors, I can see going with the Mirage for the fuel economy and warranty. It is a tough segment. I just saw a new Spark for $9988. Someone can buy a new Yaris for a hair under 15 grand. The Mirage has to compete with the Spark and price accordingly. I hope to get one at an amount that makes sense soon.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djkenny View Post
    I agree. If it is priced ultra competitive, a few grand less than the competitors, I can see going with the Mirage for the fuel economy and warranty. It is a tough segment. I just saw a new Spark for $9988. Someone can buy a new Yaris for a hair under 15 grand. The Mirage has to compete with the Spark and price accordingly. I hope to get one at an amount that makes sense soon.
    Don't forget to factor in reliability. I understand the Spark has it's share of problems. Seems to me it's priced accordingly.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Don't forget to factor in reliability. I understand the Spark has it's share of problems. Seems to me it's priced accordingly.
    Wholeheartedly agree, the last model Spark pre Ecotech had some Probs. The new ones are likely going to be much better. That being said just under 10 grand is ideal for the DE, and just around 11 grand range seems ideal for the base SE.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Agree with djkenny. The Mirage requires a few compromises and is worth it if priced right. Mine was (10.5 for 2015 ES). At list price or even the current Edmunds 'TMV' price, I'd probably pass. The little bugger has been cheap to operate and has given me almost no problems, so I can't really complain.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ranny For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-27-2017)