Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Engine swap?

Looking at the pictures of 4cylinder swaps that I've seen, it looks like they chopped the front of the car off at the firewall and welded on the front inner structure from a different car, maybe even the firewall too? Then fabed up brackets to fit the fenders and bumper.
    Seems like work.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (11-14-2023),Marklovski (11-14-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I thought abou tthis some more just a few days ago. I was just looking at some 4A90 engines on eBay. I think a little less powerful than the 4A92 as I would be concerned about the clutch and transmission capacity. If the belt would clear (even with some hammer massaging) the mount are of the block circled looks similar if not the same as the 3A92. Perhaps the OE stuff could be adapted. Unfortunately I don't think we are gonna find one of these in the wild in the US to compare to. So maybe the power adders like the guy who built the rail buggy is still the best option.
    Name:  4A90.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  40.3 KB

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christopher_B For This Useful Post:

Basic (11-14-2023),Marklovski (11-14-2023)