Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Owner review: Mirage GLS, 1.2L, 5-speed (green!)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Sweet please please please add a modification thread Metro

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Agreed, a write up on the mod would be cool.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    I'd love to do a howto post on the horn modification, but unfortunately it's not a mod that's easy to undo (for the pictures). I can't promise that I'll be able to get such a post up soon.

As a consolation prize, I wrote a different howto post: Adjusting the clutch pedal engagement point.
    Last edited by Alpha_One; 05-31-2018 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Very belated typo correction

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Just bought the same car. I have the same sentiments as you do. Planning to change the horn, upgrade the speakers, and also put a temp gauge for my peace of mind... Where can I buy a scanguage or ultraguage... And also, I know that installing new electrical devices would forfeit the warranty of my car. Just bought my car a week ago in diamond motors marcos highway manila and test drove it to bicol, camarines sur; to my province the same day.

Welcome to the forum, chrisboy!

UltraGauge... you can only order them online from the manufacturer, as far as I know. If you're interested in a ScanGauge, let me know what's the best advertised price you find - I sell them through another forum and may be able to beat the price (both the ScanGauge-II and ScanGauge-E). Regardless of which you choose, I highly recommend getting a gauge. Very useful and makes driving for economy a fun game.

Using in a SG/UG should not affect warranty - it's plug & play via the car's OBD-II port. It's not really any sort of "installation" (no splicing of wires, etc.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Will changing horns void the warranty?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 27.2 mpg (US) ... 11.6 km/L ... 8.6 L/100 km ... 32.7 mpg (Imp)

I can't imagine that it would.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    Hi everyone! I own a green Mirage, GLS trim, manual.
    Great first review. How's your Mirage holding up, Alpha_One?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    It's got 40,494 km on it as of this morning. I think I own the oldest Mirage in this forum!

The car is holding up very well in the past five years. Never needed anything besides routine maintenance items (oil and filters), aside from the ABS sensor recall for the earlier models. Very trouble-free!

It's been hit (lightly, but enough to cause some damage) twice, and vandalized twice, needing roof repairs and a repaint of the doors on both sides. At least my insurance managed to cover those.

I work very close to home now, so I've actually been using this car less compared to when I bought it. I love this car, absolutely no regrets, I hope to keep it for at least another 15 years.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alpha_One For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-01-2018),MetroMPG (06-02-2018)

Thanks for the follow-up, Alpha!

hope to keep it for at least another 15 years
    What's the rust situation in PH with the salt air?

Keeping a car 15-20 years here would be a challenge due to road salt use in the winter. A lot of cars that age die from body/frame rust before they're mechanically worn out.