Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does the blue LED floor illumination stay on all the time?

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo350 View Post
    Hi there

I have both the blue LED floor well lights and the centre console light to illuminate the gear selector and cup holders. I can confirm the floor well lights are connected to the same circuit as the interior dome light. This means they only come on when the car is unlocked or when the engine is turned off. They turn off automatically when the engine is started or the car is locked.

The centre console LED only comes on when the cars headlights are on the same as the rest of the night time illumination.

Cheers

Tim
    Hi Tim,

I know I'm resurrecting this thread from the grave but I just got my Mirage a couple months ago and there is not accessory package for the center console here in the Philippines. I have been thinking of pulling the damn thing apart since I bought the car to mod it with LED's, like Marrero had mentioned. But I figured if the damage on the accessory wasn't too high, I might as well try to purchase the accessory from someone in the US and then have it shipped here or have it sent with a buddy who might be travelling here soon.

So, what was the cost of the center console LED kit? Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Thanks,

Don

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Donggie View Post
    Hi Tim,

I know I'm resurrecting this thread from the grave but I just got my Mirage a couple months ago and there is not accessory package for the center console here in the Philippines. I have been thinking of pulling the damn thing apart since I bought the car to mod it with LED's, like Marrero had mentioned. But I figured if the damage on the accessory wasn't too high, I might as well try to purchase the accessory from someone in the US and then have it shipped here or have it sent with a buddy who might be travelling here soon.

So, what was the cost of the center console LED kit? Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Thanks,

Don
    Hi Don

I got mine as part of a pack so not sure of the cost individually. I found the centre console light in the American accessory list for $80. I have provided a link below. Hope this helps.
    http://www.mitsubishicars.com/mirage/accessories

Cheers,
    Tim
    Cheers,

Tim

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo350 View Post
    Hi Don

I got mine as part of a pack so not sure of the cost individually. I found the centre console light in the American accessory list for $80. I have provided a link below. Hope this helps.
    http://www.mitsubishicars.com/mirage/accessories
    Cheers,
    Tim
    Hi Tim,

Thanks for the response and the link! Really appreciate it.

I had seen a different take on this from Thailand. Although I am not overly thrilled with the way it looks, it's a step in the right direction, I think.
    Name:  941898_663658076984579_478377918_n.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  46.7 KB
    I'm not sure if this image is of the finished product or not, but I'm hoping they clean it up a bit before releasing this for sale. I like the idea of the illumination coming from within the shifter console to illuminate the labels for the gear selector.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If I ever get any time I could disassemble mine and see how they're wired into but I think there's going to be a HUGE underlying problem, and that's the fact that there's only three tiny ass LEDS...I REALLY doubt they're running on a 12 volt line. I think the safer/less painful/less expensive option is just to do some tricky fandangling and run clean wires to a 12v switched dual LED strip (walmart has 12" strips with 18LED's for 18 bucks and all you need is a 12v power source (back wires of cigarette lighter adapter :P )
    The mounting tape that comes with them SUCKS, but I'm sure that you could find alternative methods to mount them. (They're able to be "cut to size" (anyone that's ever cut these knows why I quoted it...it's not ENTIRELY cut to size, but it's close.)
    I CAN confirm that they run just fine on a standard 12vrail since I've got four of them inside my computer at this VERY second and they look BEAUTIFUL (light up my entire room from within my computer case with a 300MM Mesh side and Three 3x5 acrylic windows (Rosewill Thor V2 case with modded top mesh to acrylic.)

Just a little tidbit of modder info/opinion there take it or leave it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 36.2 mpg (US) ... 15.4 km/L ... 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.5 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dracconus For This Useful Post:

Donggie (04-02-2014)