Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Makati City, Philippines

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

Smile Hello from Makati City, Philippines

Hello fellow Mirage owners/enthusiasts:

I've had a 2014 Black Mirage A/T for almost 2 months now. Very happy with it - I love that it's tiny therefore easy to get in and out of tight corners. Parking is no problem too - just right for our small garage.

Haven't used it a lot since I'm too lazy to drive to work every day. I take the train and sleep. So far, I've used it going to the mall and for groceries and stuff.

My first color choice was either blue or lemonade yellow, but was told by the Mitsu dealer I had to wait for weeks. So I opted for black. My first car was a white Nissan Cefiro which was huge and a gas guzzler. I learned to drive in that car though. Now with black I have to mop up every so often! My two kids call it Nikki and say that she's my "3rd child" since I'm always "fussing" over her, or it, whatever.

Aside from the regular cleaning (which makes me lose weight, I think) I have no other issues with the car. For a time, before buying the car I read many reviews and forums and was worried about the starting problem with the keyless entry with some 2013 units. Thank God I have none of that...

Hoping to learn from you all with the care/maintenance of this great small car.

Last edited by elaine122681; 11-20-2013 at 03:36 AM.

Hello, Elaine! Welcome to the forum.

My car (not a Mirage) is black, too. It shows the dust & dirt, for sure. Though I bought it second hand, so didn't have any choice in the matter. Interestingly, we don't have the choice of yellow on the Mirage in North America. Maybe in the future.

What year was your Nissan? I had a quick look, and that appears to be the Maxima or Altima here. Quite the size difference to your Mirage!

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site! Its good to have another Mirage owner / 'fusser' here.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Thanks Darin!

Bought a 2nd-hand 2000 Nissan Cefiro. Yes, it's a mid-size sedan, too big really, I scratched the car many times hitting the garage wall when I was first learning to drive. Oh well... but it was a good car.

That's why I love the Mirage. Compact, convenient, cheap, cute. Nothing flashy - don't need flashy anyway.

Lemonade Yellow is very appealing, like candy (for me at least.) When I see one on the road, I eyeball it until my eyes hurt. It brightens up the road which is usually dominated by black, white, silver, gray, dark-gray.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Thanks for the welcome!
    (From one fellow 'fusser' to another)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Welcome mam!

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Thanks sir MirageAsti!

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Welcome mam! also from Makati here ... And @MirageAsti, me want the Star Wars "Empire" logo Imma get it when we see each other again

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Welcome it is great to have you here.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Haha nice, they also have Cefiro in Indonesia. Nice and welcome!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)