Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dear Thailand owners... Whose is this?! (Mirage turbo 1.2L, 0.5 bar/7 PSI, w/video)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RalliArt_Mirage View Post
    I hope and pray this comes our way.
    Speedlab are currently working on a kit. Will cost around 35,000 peso and provide 30-35 hp over stock. Not bad, 50% more.
    In AUD that's around 900.

Admin note: combining these posts into the exiting thread on the Thai turbo Mirage...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Now my other question is will it cooperate with the MAF system? Only time will tell on that one.
    Last edited by Rival Autosport; 01-27-2014 at 04:17 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Doubtful, they have the MAP only equipped engines over there. That doesn't stop you from buying their hardware and tuning it yourself though. Its just one missing piece of the whole system that has to be developed.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Doubtful, they have the MAP only equipped engines over there. That doesn't stop you from buying their hardware and tuning it yourself though. Its just one missing piece of the whole system that has to be developed.
    True. Now we just have to see who comes to our rescue on that one.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Any decent piggyback system should be able to do this. Products like the Greddy Emanage / Emanage Ultimate or AEM's FIC would work, I think the megasquirt can be run as a piggyback (don't quote me on that). There are many choices, but it would require more work as nobody has done it yet.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Any decent piggyback system should be able to do this. Products like the Greddy Emanage / Emanage Ultimate or AEM's FIC would work, I think the megasquirt can be run as a piggyback (don't quote me on that). There are many choices, but it would require more work as nobody has done it yet.
    I see........well I know my buddy self-tuned his RX7 on a Haltech standalone, so maybe he can help if I get a piggyback. I must ask him and do some research.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yep, Haltech would be another option, but I don't know if they make a piggyback. So, you'd have to retune the engine from scratch.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Yep, Haltech would be another option, but I don't know if they make a piggyback. So, you'd have to retune the engine from scratch.
    Well I wasn't specifically planning to run a Haltech, but I was inferring that my buddy understands tuning theory so he would be a good guide. Plus, a standalone might bring up issues with other, non-engine functions that the Haltech wouldn't posess.

Pop Green Plus
    Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah JT View Post
    Speedlab are currently working on a kit. Will cost around 35,000 peso and provide 30-35 hp over stock. Not bad, 50% more.
    In AUD that's around 900.
    I'm sure more than 35hp can be gained from a turbo. Did they say what size they are using? Hopefully it's not too small.
    Anything smaller than TD03 or equivalent will be a waste in the high rpms

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage LS Pop Green Plus Pack 1.2 manual: 43.7 mpg (US) ... 18.6 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.5 mpg (Imp)