Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: start stop battery replacement cost

Country
    Netherlands
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

start stop battery replacement cost

i read that a normal 60ah battery wil cost around 80 euros where a start stop cost double that.

also you can not replace them yourselfs because the battery managent system needs to be reset or something and needs to be told there is a new battery connected

so no longer can you replace them yourselfs and during the life time they will cost you double of that a normal battery

anyone know something more about this.

i really start to think that a hybrid will cost less in the long run even if you have to replace the hybrid bettere in more then 10 years time....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to spacester For This Useful Post:

johane (05-12-2020)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    How long does the battery last? It's certainly not more expensive than replacing hybrid batteries since it can goes up to 2000 euro which in 10 years time almost how much the car is worth, so it's a total loss car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    well the battery of the start and stop system will last between 2 and 4 years according to what i have read.
    cost 160 euros in 10 years time thats worst case is maybe 800 euros for batterys in the mirage

the replacement cost are 1800 installed at this moment for the prius/auris and the yaris got a smaller battery so cost wil be less.

then in 10 years time the starter motor could fail because they have more work to do.

then fuel cost in 10 years time the ( for example ) yaris hybrid is a little better so you safe some there to.

not sure in 10 years time what would be less expensif.. also the cvt maybe needs to be replaced in 10 years time
    when you replace the battery in a hyrbrid the cvt in a toyota HSD will not fail with normal use and can run maybe 1 milj km.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Oh well, I would have sold the car and exchange it with a newer one within 3 years anyway if I still want to get something out of it. I would then be driven it for 150.000 km, more than that amount I will not get even 3000 euro on selling the car.
    So I won't care about replacing battery or start motor ;-)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by m4v3r1ck View Post
    Oh well, I would have sold the car and exchange it with a newer one within 3 years anyway if I still want to get something out of it. I would then be driven it for 150.000 km, more than that amount I will not get even 3000 euro on selling the car.
    So I won't care about replacing battery or start motor ;-)

i am not planning on buying a new one in 3 years time i want to run this car down or atleast get 8-10 years out of it.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spacester View Post
    i am not planning on buying a new one in 3 years time i want to run this car down or atleast get 8-10 years out of it.
    Yup, you don't drive as much as I do. I drive 50.000 km a year, in 10 years will be 500.000 km, I think the car won't last that long.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    500.000km ............. i have sean hybrids do that on one battery and i geuss the mirage will already by on a new cvt or 2 at 500.000km.. and a lot of start stop expensif batterys.

maybe buying a yaris hsd would be better for you?

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Thinkin of getting the new ASX. I'm a manual gearbox user, so no CVT crap. The new Mitsubishi ASX should be able to do 1/20 on a 1.6L engine, check mitsubishi website, am quite surprised when I opened it today.
    According to Mitsubishi it should do 4.7L/100 km, i think will be 5.0L/100 km means 1/20. Very nice!

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    that will be at best case in highway only i geuss... what is the combined?

also start stop so even larger more expensif 12 volt battery and starter motor.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Where did you find that you can't change the battery yourself? That doesn't seem right.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)