Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: start stop battery replacement cost

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spacester View Post
    i read this on the dutch site "• Gemiddeld verbruik 4,8 tot 5,8 l/100km" so average betrween 4,8 and 5,8.??? hwo is that average....

so best case would be 4,8 ( highway i geus ) and worst would be 5,8 ( city?? ) or is averag 5,8 with lots of city and less highway and with most highway you get 4.8..

never seen somebody do a average within a range haha.

lets hope the cheaper japan cars dont have this just to save on cost.. they are good at saving cost ;-)
    I don't think so. They are good in keeping things simple

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by m4v3r1ck View Post
    I don't think so. They are good in keeping things simple
    that was my point in my last sentence

"lets hope the cheaper japan cars dont have this just to save on cost.. they are good at saving cost ;-)"

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    It seems I'm a little confused here.

Is the battery installed in the Spacestar/Mirage some kind of High Tech thing? It looks like a very old design conventional battery to me!!

Did anybody try disconnecting the thing to see what happens?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Spacestar Invite 1.0 manual: 48.2 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I saw the battery and noticed it's a battery made in Indonesia. It just CAN'T be high tech. It's more like the reliable old style battery to me.
    Not gonna try disconnecting the battery anytime soon

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Sure doesn't look like a hight tech battery to me .

I disconnected the two leads on the front and the back of the + connection and didn't notice any problems. Only the clock and trip settings were lost! Was I Lucky?

66Ah 520A Cold Cranking Amps seems like a reasonably big battery for such a small car, but where is the high tech?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Spacestar Invite 1.0 manual: 48.2 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    And not to mention it's not even a dry battery! must check the acid liquid once in a while!!

Quote Originally Posted by zefke View Post
    It seems I'm a little confused here.

Is the battery installed in the Spacestar/Mirage some kind of High Tech thing?
    No fancy chemistry. It's a standard lead-acid battery, even in the cars with auto stop/start.

Though the stop/start battery has a different capacity, and is monitored more closely by the car's computer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

A favour to ask of you guys in the Netherlands: I am curious to know whether the car with automatic stop/start comes with a different starter motor than the car without stop/start.

Could you ask at your dealer to look up the part number? Must be on the same size engine.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I will check my manual later, the manual might gives some information

Country
    Netherlands
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zefke View Post
    Sure doesn't look like a hight tech battery to me .

I disconnected the two leads on the front and the back of the + connection and didn't notice any problems. Only the clock and trip settings were lost! Was I Lucky?

66Ah 520A Cold Cranking Amps seems like a reasonably big battery for such a small car, but where is the high tech?
    that battery connection looks a little bit more then normal

there aare special start stop batterys but i geuss for the low cost mirage with the small ICE its not really a issue