Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Canada: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage review (Youtube... Motormouth)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I find there seems to be a culture of car reviews, where they parrot one another and copy each other's style.

"more car" is an oft used term. What does it mean? I am sure they are not referring to total mass, as that would be pointless. Possibly the features/options? Horsepower? What I would like to see is them talking about "better" rather than "more".

The Mirage, for example, has better fuel efficiency, better warranty, and an engine that is more suitable for city driving than its competition. It has a better price than most of its competition, and is better for the environment because there is less of it (less embodied energy, less fuel used over the car's period of service, smaller tires, fewer spark plugs - less production of everything, really).

I am on the fence between a Honda Fit, and a Mirage, with the only factors in favour of the Honda being the brand reputation, an excellent local dealer that my family has used for the past 12 years, and I suppose the cargo space could be nice. That said, I am still leaning toward the Mirage, as it is very rare that I need "more car".

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Canoehead For This Useful Post:

Mikhail (12-01-2013)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I didnt realized he responded to my comment lol :

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pureflipking For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-02-2013),Mikhail (12-06-2013)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I added more comment, just check out the youtube link posted on page 1

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Lol I had a whole discussion with this guy, he's basically comparing Nissan 350z with BMW 5 serie and point out that Nissan don't have the comfort of the BMW although they're comparable in price.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

More wrong CVT info... Apparently the Mirage uses the same transmission as two Jeep models.

Motormouth Canada

Yes, this is the same tranny, the Chrysler group also used it in their Jeep Compass and Patriot. The transmission is supplied by the same company to meet the requirements of each manufacturer, so each company tunes them separately. This tranny is jerky at low revs, the engine is noisy and produces harsh vibration. With the larger 1.6L in the Note it is a very good combination, with this car, not so much. I suggest you drive the car before you say I don't know what I'm talking about….

MirageForum

I've tried both the Mirage CVT and 5MT, and found the CVT to be remarkably good at what it was designed to do: save fuel for the driver.

And no, it's not the same unit used in the Jeeps! Among other things, the Jeep unit lacks the 2-speed sub-gearbox and idle-neutral features used in the Mirage (and Note), which are big reasons it's so efficient.

My comment implies the Note has idle-neutral; I didn't mean that part. I don't know if it does.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Lol. What a loser. He's actually the first and only reviewer that I've ever seen to compare this Mirage to the sub-compact segment. But if it makes anyone feel better a read a really good review by AutoGuide. I'm subscribed to them on YouTube and they never made a video review of the Mirage but heres a link to their review. I actually agreed with them on a lot of points. Only thing I disagree with is the seats. Lol. Maybe I just love these seats because the seats in the last Mirage were just AWFUL. Lol.

http://www.autoguide.com/manufacture...view-3502.html

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiroMirage View Post
    Lol. What a loser. He's actually the first and only reviewer that I've ever seen to compare this Mirage to the sub-compact segment. But if it makes anyone feel better a read a really good review by AutoGuide. I'm subscribed to them on YouTube and they never made a video review of the Mirage but heres a link to their review. I actually agreed with them on a lot of points. Only thing I disagree with is the seats. Lol. Maybe I just love these seats because the seats in the last Mirage were just AWFUL. Lol.

http://www.autoguide.com/manufacture...view-3502.html
    "The Mirage has three seat belts in the back, but anyone thin enough to occupy the middle position could probably fit just as easily into the glovebox."

Funny as I managed to squeeze 4 adults at the back seat! I have travelled with 6 ppl in the car for a short distance of around 20 KM. Ride's awful as the soft suspension has no room left to do its job and the car can hardly move forward. But it's doable!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Chrysler uses the same CVT as on the Lancer (and outlander and Outlander Sport). That CVT is bigger and designed to transmit more torque than the CVT7.

The Mirage officially has 5 seats; therefore, I can transport five people without violating the law. According to this guy, it's better not to offer the fifth seat at all if it cannot be useful? That's ridiculous. My Lancer is a bigger car and sometimes it's even difficult to make the fifth seat comfortable for a "heavy" passenger.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    LOLzz

written review now posted

Here's the written version of this reviewer's video review...

I get the impression he took some of the YouTube comments to heart while writing it (just one example: he talks about fuel economy). But he still doesn't like the car:

http://drivewaybc.ca/2013/12/19/car-...ubishi-mirage/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Mikhail (12-20-2013)