Mitsu needs a sedan if it wants to compete in the Philippines' vehicle class with the largest volume. Thus the Mirage G4 (a.k.a. Attrage).
Fuel economy note: the reviewer achieved 18.9 km/L (5.3 L/100 km = 44.5 MPG US) on the open road "without any undue eco-driving tactics", not far off the car's 21 km/L rating. In the city: 10.2 km/L, which he considered "pretty good".
- nicer interior colour palette than the hatchback = more upscale appearance
- one of the more comfortable driver's seats in the segment
- massive trunk space for the segment (3 golf bags)
- fuel economy "well above the standard for its class"
- safety equipment
- "sedate" performance from the 1.2L / CVT combination
- suspension/steering settings are soft/light, so not as engaging as a Mazda2 or Fiesta
- wind & tire noise
See the full review, photo gallery: http://www.autoindustriya.com/car-re...4-gls-cvt.html... [it] isn't what we would call a revelation, but at PhP 718,000 for this top-of-the-line GLS CVT... [it] makes for a very sensible and attractive proposition