Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Towing a trailer with the Mirage?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I specifically want the ZZ4 (SB Chev). I've read enough about them that those that own them generally say the BB are cool, but they don't ride as well, don't cruise at interstate speed as well, and though they all guzzle gas, the BBs guzzle considerably more. Plus the ZZ4 bikes are less expensive. The ZZ4 bikes are the Mirage of Boss Hoss's.

I'm not following what JD Riders are...

I'm going to have to say the Ghost Rider videos were just amazing. 150 mph power wheelies carried for a mile or more through traffic ... oh my! I would ride about any motorcycle. But that 500 hp Hyabusa, I might pass.
    Oh my Lord. A southern boy who doesn't know that JD = John Deere (what else could it possibly mean?) and riders = sit on mower. Let me enlighten you about this thing called NASCAR. Lol.

I told this story before, it's still funny. I can tell a BB Rat from a mile away and one day, while walking, (that alone is rare for me) I heard the BB rumble behind me at an intersection. So I turned around to see what devilish GM monster was behind me. Would it be a Vette, maybe a Chevelle LS6 4 sp! What about a red El camino with the cowl induction? Oh, heart be still!!

WTF? A BIKE? WITH A RAT? stop the planet. I need to leave.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    On Saturday (4/20), I towed the below from my house to a location maybe 40 miles short of the Tail of the Dragon. From my house it's about 165 miles to that location. So just over 200 miles to the T.O.T.D. That's a long ride on a murdersickle. Especially on a murdersickle that's not all that comfortable.

I topped off as I was leaving, and from that gas station, to my drop off, and back to the same gas station was 322 miles. I was going to try to make it in one fuel slurp. But it didn't happen. I did the math, I would have been 20 miles (or so) short of making it.

I saw a real nice Racetrac gas station on my way up through the hills, that I could bail out and use on my way back if it didn't seem like I was going to make it. And so it came to pass. It was on 2 bars as I was nearing said Racetrac on my way back home, and I had 80 miles to go. I wasn't going to make it. So I stopped and gassed. I took 7.156 gallons and covered 241 miles. That is 33.66 mpg. If you ask me, that's PHENOMINAL! I got a real cool look from a couple dudes as I was leaving that gas station. Their look was like, oh damn, you really towing that ... with THAT? I gave them a thumbs up.

The only time the Mirage was holding anyone up, was from a complete stop. Because, from a stop, I just barely rev the engine, and I barely slip the clutch to get it engaged. Once the clutch is completely engaged, then I roll into and let loose all those stallions. And I take my time rowing from one gear to the next. I kind of float into the next gear and again, get the clutch completely engaged before I let the stallions loose. Once up to ~40 mph, I run along pretty much with all the other traffic. Towed like a dream. I did hit one really bad tore up spot on I-285. It was hard to believe how well the combo kept it's composure. Yeah, the car got vaulted, but it straightened itself back up quickly. The time spent getting the weights balanced paid off.

It was so nice to be able to sit in a comfortable car, listen to tunes, etc to and from the house. What a helluva a car!

Attachment 26984

At my preferred refueling station. Actually I prefer Love's, but none available. Leaving here is where I got the looks.
    The car look like a little blue tractor...
    Attachment 26985
    Oh, and the most important question. why were you towing that thing? just for sh*ts and giggles?

Marklovski: A GIANT thumbs up from me. What an awesome way to see the country. I am all jellus right now someone much brighter than I thought of this. Congrats!

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    https://www.harborfreight.com/1195-l...ler-62666.html

I have been towing a harbor freight trailer hundreds of miles in the past several months. Everything from a 300lb lift, to a 250lb washing machine. Going to put my inflatable intex boat with motor and floorboards on it and take it to the lakes this summer.

Random picture from online but the boat looks like this.
    Last edited by Mirageman38; Today at 02:16 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirageman38 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (Today)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    https://www.harborfreight.com/1195-l...ler-62666.html

I have been towing a harbor freight trailer hundreds of miles in the past several months. Everything from a 300lb lift, to a 250lb washing machine. Going to put my inflatable intex boat with motor and floorboards on it and take it to the lakes this summer.

Random picture from online but the boat looks like this.
    Nice. could you post a pic of the trailer as well? I have been meaning to cross the border and stop at HF for a look see.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sure here is the washer and furniture and the lift. I was too lazy to find them yesterday haha.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)