United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thankyou soo much for your info

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    HELLO m4v3r1ck can i ask what did you do with your domelight?

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skajan View Post
    HELLO m4v3r1ck can i ask what did you do with your domelight?
    Hey, sorry missed this post .... here's a pic, i changed it with led
    Name:  dome light.jpg
Views: 1273
Size:  10.2 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dplane View Post
    To the point where even if the correct bulb is installed incorrectly or incompletely,the beam will be all wrong,kind of like a high beam light pattern.
    True, done that on my Galant, mounted it upside down and it's disastrous

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Has anyone tried LED turn signals? I've been eying some projector LEDs, but if there is a rapid flash issue, I wouldn't know how to correct it on my own. I've seen the flashers and load resistors on superbrightleds.com but I don't have the slightest idea about how one goes about using one, should it be necessary.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 31.9 mpg (US) ... 13.6 km/L ... 7.4 L/100 km ... 38.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Has anyone tried LED turn signals? I've been eying some projector LEDs, but if there is a rapid flash issue, I wouldn't know how to correct it on my own. I've seen the flashers and load resistors on superbrightleds.com but I don't have the slightest idea about how one goes about using one, should it be necessary.
    From what I have heard, don't take me as being correct at all, it's just what I have known, since the LEDs draw less current/amps, the indicator circuit thinks there is a globe on it's way out or blown, and that creates a faster flash, since it still sends the same amount to the indicator circuit.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah JT View Post
    From what I have heard, don't take me as being correct at all, it's just what I have known, since the LEDs draw less current/amps, the indicator circuit thinks there is a globe on it's way out or blown, and that creates a faster flash, since it still sends the same amount to the indicator circuit.
    That's what I was afraid of. I'm just having a hard time trying to figure out where the flasher is on the Mirage, if it has one, or if the function is built in.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 31.9 mpg (US) ... 13.6 km/L ... 7.4 L/100 km ... 38.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    That's what I was afraid of. I'm just having a hard time trying to figure out where the flasher is on the Mirage, if it has one, or if the function is built in.
    I'm betting the little Mirage has a old style mechanical flasher. To find it, turn on your turn signal, and stick your head under the dash to follow the clicking.

If it weren't dark and raining I'd go find mine and post a picture. If you have a normal flasher, a round metal thing with two prongs on it, you can simply replace it with a "electronic" signal flasher, which flashes a constant rate no matter the current draw. The electronic flashers are about $15.

Beware though... the car may freak out if you change to LED signals. Another member chronicled his LED brake light swap and it didn't go well.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker1980 View Post
    I'm betting the little Mirage has a old style mechanical flasher. To find it, turn on your turn signal, and stick your head under the dash to follow the clicking.

If it weren't dark and raining I'd go find mine and post a picture. If you have a normal flasher, a round metal thing with two prongs on it, you can simply replace it with a "electronic" signal flasher, which flashes a constant rate no matter the current draw. The electronic flashers are about $15.

Beware though... the car may freak out if you change to LED signals. Another member chronicled his LED brake light swap and it didn't go well.
    Yeah I tried poking around but the problem that I'm running into is that Michigan decided suddenly it's going to be winter again. I might have been born and raised here but I can't stand the cold for more than a few minutes. At this rate, I'm going to be sitting on my hands until we thaw out *sigh*. And I did read about the troubles of others with the break lights. Scared me away from that idea really fast.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I won't change the bulbs for turning light indicator, brake light, backing up light to LED. It only means trouble