View Poll Results: What do you think of the Mirage's looks?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Looks good. I like it.

60 66.67%
  • It is fine, I'd drive it.

25 27.78%
  • It looks a bit dated.

3 3.33%
  • Ugly... just ugly.

2 2.22%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think of the Mirage's looks / styling?

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Here in the Low Lands sedans are very unpopular, the Dutch love their hatchbacks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star 'Instyle' 1.2 automatic: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 58.2 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to talldino For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (12-12-2016)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I couldn't generalize around here, but of course SUV's are popular. Someone down the street from me had a Nissan Armada with a license plate reading "11 MPG." Hope they were proud of themselves...

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I'd like to order license plates reading "18 KML" for my new Mirage, but customized plates are not allowed here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star 'Instyle' 1.2 automatic: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 58.2 mpg (Imp)

That's interesting - do you know why they aren't allowed? Here, they cost quite a bit extra, and I assume the licence office likes the chance to recover more revenue.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

The government in The Hague simply rules it out. It doesn't want to change the current system: every new car gets a number and will keep it for the rest of its lifespan. A Dutch car magazine called "Autovisie" recently did a poll which showed that 9 out of 10 people are in favour of personalized and/or customized license plates.
    Last edited by talldino; 02-24-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Interesting. I don't really care one way or the other, but I'm far too cheap to pay for vanity plates (plus I live in New York, with millions of cars registered, good luck getting the plate you want).

Learn something new every day. Here in Ontario, the plates are in the owner's name, so you move them from vehicle to vehicle.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Here in the Philippines, for an extra fee you can get a custom plate as long as it's an available valid combination (three letters followed by three digits, or three letters followed by two digits). However, the plate is still tied to the car, which makes the idea quite less attractive - once the car needs to be replaced (sold, totaled or whatever) you lose the combination.

Not a fan of vanity plates to begin with, and just like Matt I'm too cheap to get them. Having a little bright green car is distinctive enough.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    In Australia the plate also stays with the car although, if you have a vanity plate, you can pay extra for them to re-register the vehicle when you sell/trade it and move the plate to your new vehicle. It costs about $227 extra to do it from memory (my ex-wife had a custom plate).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage LS (Australia) 1.2 automatic: 34.8 mpg (US) ... 14.8 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I like how the car looks. I want to buy one. Haven't decided yet which color I want.