Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2017 Cvt Won't rev up when warm.

Here's a follow-up for this car. (initial problem happened at 227k km)
    309k km replaced cvt fluid(while replacing axle)
    352k km replaced cvt fluid
    358k km replaced cvt fluid (while replacing other axle)
    360k km replaced cvt fluid and replaced secondary clutch speed sensor P0791 code stored
    377k km driver complained of surging at highway speeds at random
    383k km Replaced entire cvt. Old one didn't fail completely(was still driveable if not floored)but was not working right from what I remember.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (02-21-2024)

This car is acting up again. I can't find the thread I started for it the other day where I replaced the valve body in it and it didn't make a difference. I don't want to replace it a 2nd time if I don't have to....

Right now I have 3 cars outside with cvt problems. One has a cracked case that's not actually a failure, and was damaged in a collision. The other one is the car in the first post of this thread. It's throwing the same p0746 code (iirc) same symptoms that it had 4 years ago.

And now I have another car. It was a loaner and sent out of town to another location. They get it, put a new driver in the car and they complained about shaking, then decided the transmission fluid level was low so they poured a bunch of atf in it. That's annoying. They managed to drive it back here today. Driver said there's no transmission problem but "the ecoboost surges". This was someone that up until now, I was pretty confident could count to 10 without taking their shoes off. After a lot of questions, I learned that the car surges at 80-100kph or 50-60 mph. The tach bounces and the "ecoboost(eco light) kicks in and out". So hopefully it just needs a valve body. I won't pull that one off the road quite yet, it's doing what the cvt in my own car was doing when I pulled it apart and it looked fine inside.

So maybe I'll pull that valve body from the car that's actually acting up(the one that I just installed-it came from a running driving car with no problems that I'm aware of-other than leaking because the case is cracked) and throwing codes and plunk it into this car that's surging, after tearing it down and cleaning it up.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)