Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Mirage G4/ Attrage (sedan test drive -- anyone else driven one yet?)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

The Mirage G4/ Attrage (sedan test drive -- anyone else driven one yet?)

(Image from thread: Philippines: Mirage G4 sedan GLS CVT review (AutoIndustriya.com) )

So guys, anyone here ever piloted the Mirage G4/ Attrage?..
    just to clear it out also, the Mirage G4/Attrage is the Sedan version of the Mirage/Spacestar

I just want to share my experience of actually test driving one of these Mirage G4's
    Well not counting the aesthetics wise of the car, like the longer wheelbase, huge trunk space, sidemirror signal lights etc..

Performance wise:
    - Of course as expected, the 1.2 liter plant is just the same as with the Mirage
    - The Body roll is still there because of the soft springs in the rear
    - Holy crap, the car is 2x MORE QUIET than the Hatchback! (That is seriously a big thing!)
    - The cabin for some reason, got bigger.. trust me

Overall Verdict:
    The G4 really felt like an expensive sedan!.. its comfortable, its still cheap, and the g4 Rights the Wrongs of the Hatchback

but hey.. this just based on my opinion, It would be great if there are others who will give their feedbacks on the G4/ Attrage

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EtotheZ For This Useful Post:

CLARK (12-18-2013),elaine122681 (12-19-2013),MetroMPG (12-18-2013)

EtotheZ - thanks for posting that!

I'm not surprised to hear about the sedan being quieter. If I'm not mistaken, they added more sound insulation compared to the hatchback. Another huge reason it would be quieter is the rear wheel wells are further separated from the passenger compartment vs. the hatch (so less wind, road noise, stones etc.)

I think ASEAN countries are the only ones to have the G4/Attrage so far. Australia is next, early 2014. North America? Who knows if we'll ever get it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Thanks for the review. Those are some interesting points. I find it odd that the cabin seems so much larger, but that is cool.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    EtotheZ - thanks for posting that!

I'm not surprised to hear about the sedan being quieter. If I'm not mistaken, they added more sound insulation compared to the hatchback. Another huge reason it would be quieter is the rear wheel wells are further separated from the passenger compartment vs. the hatch (so less wind, road noise, stones etc.)

I think ASEAN countries are the only ones to have the G4/Attrage so far. Australia is next, early 2014. North America? Who knows if we'll ever get it.
    I believe that if the mirage sells well, the attrage will be right around the corner!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grsupercity View Post
    I believe that if the mirage sells well, the attrage will be right around the corner!
    This seems to me like another case of a sedan that just shouldn't exist. There's a long line of cars that I see on the road that were clearly designed as hatchbacks, and they made a kludgy sedan out of them... the Nissan Versa sedan, the Yaris sedan, the Ford Fiesta sedan. I just don't get the purpose of these products?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A cheap way to create another car.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by samwichse View Post
    This seems to me like another case of a sedan that just shouldn't exist. There's a long line of cars that I see on the road that were clearly designed as hatchbacks, and they made a kludgy sedan out of them... the Nissan Versa sedan, the Yaris sedan, the Ford Fiesta sedan. I just don't get the purpose of these products?
    Oh wow we don't have them here in Europe, they are all hatchbacks. I did saw Fiesta sedan when I visited your country in september.
    I honestly love the attrage sedan. This one's not originally designed as hatchback, it's not a spinoff from Mirage. Has a total different front face unlike the fiesta.
    That and not to mention Mitsubishi always has been creating sedans, they started it all from sedans. It might be cheaply made but mainly because of the low labour cost and materials but they owned the great technology as sedans. Lancer Evo's are all sedans. The great Galants are all sedans.
    What I'm trying to say is, to make another sedan they don't have to redesign anything, just pick a stock blueprint, put the current safety technology in it and make them.

Besides I believe Mitsu has other plans for this car. Sedan is considered a luxury model in Asia, if you own a hatchback you either poor and just made your switch from motorcycle to car or you are below average. And Mitsu wants to boost their selling, and one way to do that is to make cheap sedans to be used as taxis. Taxis in asia is always a sedan. You don't see a hatchback as taxi.
    So:
    1. this car won't see Europe
    2. Not sure about US, it might be sold there because the market to sell is widely ranged enough (fiesta sedan??? Yaris Sedan??? Sounds like Asia)
    Last edited by m4v3r1ck; 12-19-2013 at 05:44 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    honestly @samwichse, I must say that yes, this kind of evolution from hatch to sedan should not exist.. but.. truth to be told, I actually loved how the G4/Attrage made me eat my words... I now take back the negative things that I used to say about the sedan.. Peeps in this forum! we should have a second look on the G4, its pretty worth it

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have not driven one yet but I want to.

If the Mirage sedan comes to the states I will buy one for my wife. Price and gas being as I suspect it will be. Can I say gas hedging? This car competes with hybrids and there is no other car in its class that can get any wheres near the mpg "45 mpg around town" I've seen. No, this car is not for the poor as some have claimed but for the wise consumer.

Thanks, EtotheZ

Keep the faith.

-Zxit
    Zxit say... It's a Mirage. LoL! But I love it.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Im presently owning top of the line of the mirage g4/ attrage. I could say that it really worth buying the unit.

Aside from all features mentioned, eg; KOS, mutimedia, auto climate control, ABS, airbags etc. I like how the engine perform silently; Im not having problems in terms of handling; the car has spacious trunk and spacious interior set up
    I believe we have different preferences but take a kind consideration in checking this car.

Not totally a WOW car but this will really share in hitting its market

Silver Surfer

12. The Following User Says Thank You to etm78 For This Useful Post:

grsupercity (01-22-2014)