Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: exhaust

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    sounds the same to me ..... but have to be there in RL to judge. Am totally for a more silent car, this car makes way too much noise!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsu4life View Post
    Sounds awesome!!. Have you seen a change in mpg with the intake on the car? I'm trying to convince my wife to let me order the intake from speedways but she won't let me until he gets proof it won't drop mpg's lol
    Well I love hearing the noise, so I shift around 5-6 thousand rpm hahah. So my fuel is no good.
    Quote Originally Posted by m4v3r1ck View Post
    sounds the same to me ..... but have to be there in RL to judge. Am totally for a more silent car, this car makes way too much noise!!
    It is WAY louder than stock. I just got back from a car cruise where people were amazed how loud my car is and they were impressed.
    Good words coming from Silvia,skyline and evo owners

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Hahaha i c ... I think wife's won't even want to sit in it when it's even a bit louder than it really is atm ;-)

But agree ... I want to get an Acropovic exhaust on my Galant :-) Loud noise is fun

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    The thing at the back isn't the muffler, the muffler is underneath the car just after the secondary cat. I straight-piped my exhaust and fitted a canister muffler, and it was so loud I was getting headaches while driving! I've since installed a Magnaflow reasonator. Will capture video soon.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorifuta View Post
    The thing at the back isn't the muffler, the muffler is underneath the car just after the secondary cat. I straight-piped my exhaust and fitted a canister muffler, and it was so loud I was getting headaches while driving! I've since installed a Magnaflow reasonator. Will capture video soon.
    There is no gains in the exhaust on the mirage.
    Company has tried almost everything and gained nothing, most lost power.
    They even removed the muffler and put straight pipe, it lost power.
    Intake,headers/extractors and ecu chip is optimum way to make power.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    so if an upgraded exhaust or "fart can" does nothing, how about increasing the diameter of the piping? perhaps half inch more, would it make a difference?

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pureflipking View Post
    so if an upgraded exhaust or "fart can" does nothing, how about increasing the diameter of the piping? perhaps half inch more, would it make a difference?
    From what SpeedLab has done with dyno testing, only the intake,headers and ecu tweek result in a gain.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah JT View Post
    From what SpeedLab has done with dyno testing, only the intake,headers and ecu tweek result in a gain.
    fair enough, i guess ill try to do some exhaust setup myself and see the outcome

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    i think mitsu engineers has put lots of effort and money in researching for the most efficient exhaust and to meet CO2 output regulation in europe. I won't change anything about it.

Country
    Taiwan
    Thanks
    I read somewhere that if you do not have a significant mod on the engine or intake, modding the exhaust won't give any significant gain, plus the exhaust is already a straight pipe with the impressive back pressure for fuel saving. Erm for example, we have mod on the cam shaft timing or larger intakes, but have not change the exhaust system, so by doing so, it will have some gain theoritically..