Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage vs. Nissan Versa sedan

Country
    Netherlands
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    can you really compare these 2? the versa looks 1zise bigger then the mirage
    also i think the cargo space is compare where the mirage is seats down and the versa is not?
    can not image the versa is a bigger car with a smaller cargo space

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews.../photo_34.html

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spacester View Post
    can you really compare these 2? the versa looks 1zise bigger then the mirage
    also i think the cargo space is compare where the mirage is seats down and the versa is not?
    can not image the versa is a bigger car with a smaller cargo space

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews.../photo_34.html
    You can if you compare it price-wise. If you get more with the Nissan for the money then Mitsubishi's the losing part in this comparison.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just did a test drive today, Versa Note, and i gotta say. It is a much better car.

The ride is comfortable, the noise is way much less compared to Mirage. The suspension feels like a real car. CVT is much smoother, and there are way much room for the rear passengers. The trunk space is about thesame.

Only thing lacking compared to my Mirage to the Versa is the Navigation and reverse camera. Other than that. for a few extra $$ and a much better acceleration, Versa is a much better car.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pureflipking View Post
    I just did a test drive today, Versa Note, and i gotta say. It is a much better car.

The ride is comfortable, the noise is way much less compared to Mirage. The suspension feels like a real car. CVT is much smoother, and there are way much room for the rear passengers. The trunk space is about thesame.

Only thing lacking compared to my Mirage to the Versa is the Navigation and reverse camera. Other than that. for a few extra $$ and a much better acceleration, Versa is a much better car.
    ����LoL���� if only it available in NL with the same price as mirage. We only have mediocre pixo at higher price compare to what u get with mirage

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Every Sunday I drive around the dealerships...

Nissan Versa Note...

A base 5 sp was $14,800 + $1,200.00 market adjustment. Plus value pack $795.00 Cost $16795.00

I drove one of these several years ago and passed on it.

My Mirage...

I have not seen lower than 40 mpg in my Mirage and just passed the 1000 mile mark, no problems.

Driving around town last fill-up I got 45 mpg not even trying.

$1000.00 Manufactures credit off sticker. After my trade they had to send me a check to pay me. LoL!

Love this car.

Keep the faith.

-Zxit
    Zxit say... It's a Mirage. LoL! But I love it.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zxit For This Useful Post:

CLARK (12-29-2013),fifteenwindow (12-30-2013),MetroMPG (12-30-2013),Mikhail (12-29-2013)

Lowest total cost of ownership

Here's something else:

The base Versa sedan had the lowest total cost of ownership in the US market this year, according to http://autos.yahoo.com/news/misers--....html?page=all

Base Chevrolet Spark takes 2nd place.

See a trend here? 2 of the 3 least expensive cars in the top spots. Depreciation is a killer.

The Mirage will be up against the Versa to take first place (as it already has in Australia and New Zealand) when 2014 calculations are tallied up.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Banned
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Personally I do think the Mirage will be cheaper than the Versa. Maybe not by alot but still cheaper. Plus they are sized differently.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am looking seriously at both cars, as well as a used Spark EV.

Here is my take on a under $10,000 Nissan Versa Vs. an about $10,000 Mirage:

Space

Versa has WAY more space.
    But to get one under 10 grand, you need to buy the sedan (the Note is only available in a higher trim and about 11 grand starting) and that means no folding rear seat.

Advantage? TIE: Mirage if you want cargo flexibility, long items. Versa if people space means more to you (and you desire a trunk).

MPGs

The 5 speed Versa is commonly getting over 37 mpg. Some people over 42 mpg. Really have not heard better than that. On the other hand, the Mirage commonly is reported at 42-45 mpg, and MANY reports 50 MPG PLUS.

Advantage? Mirage

Reliability:
    Mixed Bag, but from the threads I have read and various You Tube reports on line... the Mirage is beating the Versa in reliability. Then you have a way better warranty with Mirage.

Advantage: Mirage

Equipment:

Mirage is a clear winner. Power windows. Power Locks. They both get AC.

Looks.

Subjective. I think the Mirage 4 door is better looking as a hatch than the 4 door sedan Versa in the lower price Point. The Note and the Mirage Hatch are equally decent looking. The 4 door sedan and the G4, they both look kinda bland to me. Again, Subjective.
    No winner here.

Final thoughts. I would opt for the G4 sedan if I wanted a 4 door, it has an arm rest and more pace, better fuel economy (though less power) plus the warranty alone would attract me. I am seeing some in the 10k range, might be $500 more than the Versa sedan. Or, the Mirage hatch for exactly 10 grand. I am seeing base Mirage G4 sedans for about 10 grand.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The mirage destroys the Nissan in every way imo. Guess that's why I got....2. Haha.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have a Nissan Micra rental now and I have to say I am impressed. I have liked the shifting (manual) better/smoother, less 'lean' into turns and peppy little engine. Love my Mirage, and Micra is not a US option, but impressed. Versa- nope