Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage vs. Nissan Versa sedan

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palebeachbum View Post
    Although that makes logical sense, i'm not sure it's the case. The Versa does offer a folding rear seat, at least on upper trims.
    I was talking about the G4, not the Versa. I think somebody here who owns one discovered this bracing behind the rear seat?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    The S version of the Versa does not have the folding rear seat (that was the only model for 10 grand or less with common discounts). Which, for me, when I had it on my short list a bit.. was an eventual "deal breaker". So much versatility with a folding seat.

^ So many wrecked Versas available (they've sold many hundreds of thousands of the sedans in the US), you could have pulled a folding rear seat out of another one!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I was talking about the G4, not the Versa. I think somebody here who owns one discovered this bracing behind the rear seat?
    Yup:

Though easily removable (bolted in). I doubt the average driver would notice the difference. And how many are auto-crossing the G4?

Thread: Darin's test drive review notes: 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 sedan CVT

And from what I understand, the 2018 G4 will have a folding rear seat (likely on ly on the upper trims).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by palebeachbum View Post
    Mirage definitely does not drive as well ... it feels like it has the steering and suspension of a 1991 Buick Park Avenue.
    Out of curiosity, have you had a chance to try a 2017/2018 Mirage yet?

I have to mention (for the benefit of non-Mirage owners who might read this) that the steering, suspension & NVH are noticeably improved compared to the 2014 & 2015's. It's nowhere near as rolly as the first year cars.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Out of curiosity, have you had a chance to try a 2017/2018 Mirage yet?

I have to mention (for the benefit of non-Mirage owners who might read this) that the steering, suspension & NVH are noticeably improved compared to the 2014 & 2015's. It's nowhere near as rolly as the first year cars.
    I have no earlier model to compare my 2017 Mirage to, but it handles just fine to me. I don't feel any rolling.

I have a question: What NVH mean?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.4 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Noise
    Vibration
    Harshness

I was wondering that for a while too

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MightyMirageMpg For This Useful Post:

bolo (11-11-2017),MetroMPG (11-11-2017)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Something about the Versa just feels really cheap. The seats were also undesirable, no adjustable head restraint and an odd almost neoprene like fabric that seems a constant collector of all things furry or what not. If it had adjustable head rests and a folding rear seat, for only $9500... I would have put up with some of the cheapy interior feels (even the weird fabric).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    One thing I will say about the Mirage is that even in the less expensive trims, you get most of what you want and need and more. I guess that's with the exception of fold-down seats in the G4. But I love hatchbacks and never even considered a sedan. (Hated my Yaris sedan)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.4 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Mirage G4 SE
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I drive my coworkers 2015 Mirage ES CVT weekly and compared to my 2017 Mirage G4 SE you can feel a major difference. Suspension noise is louder in the 2015 and engine idle vibration is rougher in the 2015, they really smoothed out the 2017s! Also like you say the 2017s Name:  5662314A-1D29-4ED4-AFA5-E9A0A878FF39.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  88.4 KBare no where near as rolly polly as the 2015s. I loved my 2015 though. The ride on the 2017s is a tad more firm but far better controled. Plus my 15 inch alloys vs her 14 inch alloys make handling better. You do here my tire noise and road slap for the 15 inchers though. I owned a 2015 Mirage ES CVT with Nav and Back Up Camer before my 2017 Mirage G4 SE and the fuel econemy was about 3 mpg better on my 2015. I know the G4 weighs more, is slightly less aerodynamic and a tad slower in my 0-60 videos on youtube. But on the 2017 G4 SE you get impoved interior materials and seat cloth material, heated seats, auto dimming rear view mirror with home link, piano black interior trim, semi high contrast gauge cluster, outside temp display, apple car play and android auto, rear seat arm rest with cup holders (front fold down arm rest on 2018 Mirage SE & GT and Mirage G4 SE), Drive Sport Gear for CVT, improved NVH, larger 15 inch alloys, map pocket on back of passenger seat, upgraded piano black trimmed steering wheel with 10-2 grips, and much more. All of these items were unavailable on my top trim 2015 Mirage ES hatch as I had all the packaged and even that Nav and Back-Up Camera so I will say they definitely stepped up the game with the 2017s and I love mine!