Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Mirage just got louder

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    pureflipking-thanks for your comments. I do really like Audi bodystyles and I know they make great cars. I'm just not super-equipped ta spend so much on my rigs. Enjoy your Audi!

BTW-I am in love with 1967 VW Bugs. There's one here in Alamogordo, NM, at a used car lot with no "for sale" sign in the windows. It's in great shape!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuman View Post
    pureflipking-thanks for your comments. I do really like Audi bodystyles and I know they make great cars. I'm just not super-equipped ta spend so much on my rigs. Enjoy your Audi!

BTW-I am in love with 1967 VW Bugs. There's one here in Alamogordo, NM, at a used car lot with no "for sale" sign in the windows. It's in great shape!
    those bugs are awesome! I had a buddy of mine has two , one is fully restored and the other has WRX engine and it's horrifically fast.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Awesome, pureflipking. AAMOF my next rig (perhaps I will keep the '08 Lancer GTS with it's modern conveniences already built in) might very well be a '67 Bug ta restore, or one that I will buy that's already restored. They're really not that much. I've got 4 days off starting tomorrow (Sat.) so after the Seahawks dismantle the Saints once again I am thinking of calling that dealer and asking about the '67 white Bug in stellar shape with the light purple flames coming back from the front. I'm not usually digging the flames painted on cars at all but this '67 is so cute that it works great. It also has nice seats in it and a nice interior. One of the things battered up in those old Bugs are the headliners. And this Bug's headliner looks good. It has lots of add-ons. I would expect a price of about $8,000 for it, if it's even for sale. Needs to have a 4-speed standard tranny and this one here in Alamo has that, too.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    hey pureflipking:

Did you do all the wiring yourself? How difficult was it to get to the connections at the back of the Head Unit? Also, you didnt mention changing the speakers; do you plan on doing so?

Why not do one amp under the driver, and another under the passenger instead of both under the passenger?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    hey pureflipking:

Did you do all the wiring yourself? How difficult was it to get to the connections at the back of the Head Unit? Also, you didnt mention changing the speakers; do you plan on doing so?

Why not do one amp under the driver, and another under the passenger instead of both under the passenger?
    i changed the speakers already actually. Under the driver seat is where the jack located thats why i didnt put one under the driver

and yes i did the wiring myself, ill post up the factory wiring schematic so you can see which wire to tap, and you can actually access the back of the stereo from the glove box compartment( Youd have to remove it ofcourse)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    +1 for the wiring schematic...........I want to swap my head unit, but am unsure of the availability for a plug and play stereo harness and mounting kit for the Mirage, if anyone knows an affordable source that ships to U.S. it would be appreciated.
    -Billy

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Gotcha!, sorry ill post it up this week i promise

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just posted the Wiring schematic