Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Weed!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    you know, I say to nobody in particular, I've tried weed maybe 20 times over a 50 year stretch and not ONCE have I gotten stoned. I feel gypped.
    Trust me, I have enough experience with other substances I know what being stoned is.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

This looks like a good place to put this https://youtube.com/shorts/5viCbzS5C...LWI3s1-UNRXEyA

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    This looks like a good place to put this https://youtube.com/shorts/5viCbzS5C...LWI3s1-UNRXEyA
    One of my driving students has a Geo Metro in that exact same color. He's probably my only student who knows how to drive a manual. Some wouldn't even know what that means.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,828 Times in 2,133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Spam posters typically make an account then make a post that's barely relevant to either the thread topic or to the forum itself. If I spot such a post, I'll invite them to participate more. If there's no response, it becomes even more clear they are not here to talk about the Mirage but are more likely to return later to modify their post with spam. And sometimes the delay to modify the post can approach a year... If they do start posting spam links, it's time to delete the post & the poster's account.

The problem is, it's all too easy to repeat the whole process. I can think of other ways to spend my time...

So keep an eye out for these behavior patterns and let a mod or admin know of any spammy activity.
    And that's exactly what they did - they came back this afternoon & modified their post with a spam link.

It's kind of amazing really - I had just posted what spammers do, and this joker lived up to the hype.

As inuvik would say: Ban Hammer Activated!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 1,039 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    you know, I say to nobody in particular, I've tried weed maybe 20 times over a 50 year stretch and not ONCE have I gotten stoned. I feel gypped.
    Trust me, I have enough experience with other substances I know what being stoned is.
    I ain't never done smoked it or anything, and I ain't never done been stonedudid. Even though I might write like I'm stonedudid right now. But when I retire ... I might find one as big as my arm and have a go at it. Maybe.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)