Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Mirage G4 sedan North American U.S. debut / launch date

Quote Originally Posted by gunlak View Post
    the 60:40 split seats for the sedan isn't possible because there's an X brace behind the seats.
    My 2001 Toyota Echo has 60:40 split seats and is a sedan, no X brace in that car. Just a large opening and a big trunk for a small sedan. I was hoping the Mirage G4 sedan would've been the same but the trunk is huge regardless. I guess the only time this would be an issue is if I tried carrying something long like a piece of lumber or skies. Good point on sedans being less expensive than their hatchback counterparts in the US. I clearly remember the Nissan Versa being a few thousands cheaper for the sedan, and I actually liked it too. Maybe the US Mirage sedan/hatch will continue the trend.

Mirage sedan confirmed for Toronto Auto Show -- 2 weeks

Mitsu Canada just sent out this teaser:

Jan 25, 2016

Sneak Peek at New Mitsubishi Motors Sedan Destined for Toronto Show

During a break from a Vancouver photo shoot last week for the newest Mitsubishi Motors sedan, the company's John Arnone revealed a peek at what's coming to the 2016 CIAS in Toronto. The new sedan is one of two new models Mitsubishi Motors will bring to Canada in 2016.

Source: http://www.mitsubishi-motors-pr.ca/c...-toronto-show1

The Toronto show starts Feb 12th.

Name:  mirage-g4-sneak-peek.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  50.2 KB

Not surprisingly, it looks like the North American version gets a different rear bumper than the ASEAN market G4 that was shown at last year's show. Also the tail lights are slightly different:

Name:  mirage-g4-rear-2bumper.jpg
Views: 1336
Size:  83.0 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

debburyl (01-25-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Very interesting. I wonder why they went to a different tail light assembly though... That seems odd in a market where volume reigns to keep prices down.

I can understand the new bumper as they did that for the hatch due to collision standards.

U.S. and Canada-specific Mirage rear bumper (different from other markets)
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Well, they would have had to redesign the tail lights to integrate the mandatory side reflector for U.S./Canada.

So they took the opportunity to jazz it up a bit while they were at it? The rear of the older car is softer looking. This one is, literally, a bit edgier.

The sharp vertical trailing edge corners on the bumper are also different. It's probably a lower drag design, similar to the treatment on that part of the hatchback's bumper.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I hope they fitted some LEDs in those new tail lights!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Very cool G4 yeah I noticed the different Taillights. Same here LED lights all the way
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

They also dropped the lower rear reflectors from the N.A. bumper. I suppose in Europe, one of those may have been a rear fog light as well.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I wonder how close the US version will be to the Canadian one?
    And when it will start arriving on dealer lots?