Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage G4 sedan North American U.S. debut / launch date

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Do you think the G4 should cost cheaper, same, or a little more than hatchback? Will the the sedan cut the sales of the Mirage H?

---

Admin note: SUV discussion split to new thread: Mitsu bringing new full size SUV (Endeavor/Montero?)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think the sedan being larger would cost more. I hope it doesn't take away sales, but add to them!!!!

Added a brief announcement from Mitsu Canada to post #1.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

I don't think it'll cannibalize hatchback sales, but generate new ones, particularly in the U.S.

I've read a bunch of times that a typical American prefers sedans over hatchbacks. If that's true, then there are potential "sedan only" buyers in the entry level market who would never go for the hatchback. They would go buy the Versa sedan instead. Now they'll have a reason to visit Mitsu dealers.

Pricing? Who knows! They could go either way: undercut the hatch a bit to compete directly with the Versa sedan on price, or go slightly more expensive, as they did in ASEAN countries where it's already on sale.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Autoblog has also picked up the item (with hat tip to MirageForum.com, woo!):

Mitsubishi Mirage G4 sedan debuting in Montreal

Prepare for another comment storm?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Haha, yeah I see the current comments are pretty hate filled.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Daox-that's why I had to skin the cat and log on to autoblog.com on my smartphone, so I could continue sticking up for Mitsubishi. What's weird to me about all the Mitsu-hating is this: Mitsubishi is a long-term automotive producer from Japan. The bloggers on autoblog act like Mitsubishi is slighting them by not producing a New World Order Lancer EVO.They also think Mitsu is dead in the NA market, even though Mitsubishi's CEO has said over and over and over again: "We by no means plan on leaving the North American automotive market." What don't people get about that? Any of you Mirage fans care ta comment on that?

Newflash: Mitsubishi has the right to produce what they want. I feel that small is better in cars. I own a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS that was a bargain considering all the car offers. I feel that the new Mirage hatch and soon-ta-come Mirage G4 sedan is just as much of a bargain for the great ghastly savings the cars offer buyers. Plus, you get a great Warranty and the well-known Mitsubishi build quality that the Company offers consumers. Mitsubishi makes great cars, trucks and SUV's. I won't accept a statement less than that and I will continue to tell anyone and everyone that will listen the same. Period.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    We get Consumer Reports but take some of their opinions with a grain of salt . They disliked the Yaris H.B. and sedan , we disagree with many of the negative findings .

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuman View Post
    Daox-that's why I had to skin the cat and log on to autoblog.com on my smartphone, so I could continue sticking up for Mitsubishi. What's weird to me about all the Mitsu-hating is this: Mitsubishi is a long-term automotive producer from Japan. The bloggers on autoblog act like Mitsubishi is slighting them by not producing a New World Order Lancer EVO.They also think Mitsu is dead in the NA market, even though Mitsubishi's CEO has said over and over and over again: "We by no means plan on leaving the North American automotive market." What don't people get about that? Any of you Mirage fans care ta comment on that?

Newflash: Mitsubishi has the right to produce what they want. I feel that small is better in cars. I own a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS that was a bargain considering all the car offers. I feel that the new Mirage hatch and soon-ta-come Mirage G4 sedan is just as much of a bargain for the great ghastly savings the cars offer buyers. Plus, you get a great Warranty and the well-known Mitsubishi build quality that the Company offers consumers. Mitsubishi makes great cars, trucks and SUV's. I won't accept a statement less than that and I will continue to tell anyone and everyone that will listen the same. Period.
    I will agree with you except interiors generally thats the only thing I agree with others about mitsus is the interiors are drab and outdated in EVERY model. I had an ssl Evo and even that was boring

Overwhelmingly negative comments on AB, as expected.