Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage G4 sedan North American U.S. debut / launch date

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't get the attention or shall I say the value of a fancy car interior. I mean, who's the best manufacturer on interiors, anyway? I barely care what the answer is. My '08 Lancer GTS' interior is fine. Drab? Huh? It's fine!

Hard plastics or whatever's in there is what's in there. And that's it. Here's another way ta look at it. I would never let a car's interior quality or materials become a deal-breaker one way or another for me.

The interior of a car is way, way, way, way down the importance list of features in a new (or used for that matter) car. For me, anyway.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I never touch my dashboard. I dont sit on it. I dont bang my limbs on it. Other than to wipe it off when cleaning the interior, I never touch my dashboard. I could care less that MEDIA determined that all cars need to have soft touch dashboards in order to be a great car. I had a rental Camry while my car was in the body shop. It had a faux-stitched soft touch dashboard and it was boring to drive; it didnt do too much to visually excite the interior either. I really doubt it would have been any worse with a hard plastic dashboard.

What I really love about people who constantly nag Mitsubishi to "stop building economy cars and bring back the Eclipse/3000GT/Evo XI" is that while all of those cars were/are in production... Misubishi built economy cars! In fact... the Evo itself is BASED on an economy car! And Mitsubishi didn't stop selling the Eclipse and 3000GT because it felt like it, it stopped because those cars didnt sell.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot685 View Post
    And Mitsubishi didn't stop selling the Eclipse and 3000GT because it felt like it, it stopped because those cars didnt sell.
    Haha, Darin and I were just discussing this. He mentioned the Mirage is probably already selling better than all the other high performance models that have been discontinued. We didn't look up numbers to verify.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

I never touch my dashboard. I dont sit on it. I dont bang my limbs on it. Other than to wipe it off when cleaning the interior, I never touch my dashboard.
    Funny.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    about people who constantly nag Mitsubishi to "stop building economy cars and bring back the Eclipse/3000GT/Evo XI"
    The picture of Mitsubishi in USA was always different compare to the rest of the world. The real Mitsubishi was always associates with high capability SUVs and family economy cars, not with the 3000GT or the Turbo Eclipse. The rest of the world have never seen such cars on their market. Even the Evos were build in order to sell the family economy car the Lancer. Nothing more.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Interesting your point on the purpose of the Mitsubishi EVO, Mikhail. You know people are gonna say the purpose of the Lancer's inception is ta give people an economy EVO! That the EVO is the cornerstone of the sports cars in their lineup. I'm fine with whatever reason they give as to why the Lancer is made. I love mine and the '08 Lancer GTS is the best car I've owned. The engine is showing no signs of wear whatsoever. I have 116,939 miles on mine, too.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuman View Post
    people are gonna say the purpose of the Lancer's inception is ta give people an economy EVO!

What the book Mitsubishi Lancer Evo: The Road Car & WRC Stor [p.66] says:
    The evolution model was introduced to enhance the Lancer's image through rallying. Ironically, the people at Subaru were thinking the same thing with their new car - the Impreza.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, excuse me if I bother any Subie owners on here, but, Subaru's are so...umm...homely looking.

Sedan debut - press release

G4 debuted today in Montreal. No special news from the company.

(Press release from Mitsu Canada added to post #1.)

Specs of the show car:

- 1.2L, CVT
    - Anti-Lock Braking System, Electronic Brake Force Distribution
    - Keyless Operating System
    - power-side mirrors with integrated LED-type lamps
    - 15-inch alloy wheels with 185/55 R15 tires

Overall dimensions are
    - 4,245 mm length,
    - 1,670 mm width,
    - 1,515 mm height
    - 2,550 mm wheelbase.

Attached Images Attached Images       

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Doesn't look to me like it has a different bumper than the existing production G4/Mirage. But it does appear to be sitting a bit lower.