Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage G4 sedan North American U.S. debut / launch date

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mitsubishi's sells are quickly improving, they would be smart to bring the Mirage sedan here as well and help fuel that fire

I love everything about Mitsubishi!!!!

The sedan is coming to the US in 2016 too. We just don't have a firm date or where it will be unveiled (in either Canada OR the U.S.).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

latest sedan news: "later this year"

The brand later this year will add a sedan to the Mirage’s hatchback-only lineup. Swearingen finds the 4-door sportier-looking and says it may appeal to those who see the 5-door as nondescript.

The MMNA executive foresees the sedan eating into 5-door demand, but predicts most sales will be additional, noting other manufacturers offering both sedan and hatchback body styles of their subcompacts sell a higher level of the 4-door configuration.
    Source: http://m.wardsauto.com/auto-makers/m...ven-mitsubishi

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Daox (06-24-2015),debburyl (06-23-2015)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    i'll happily test drive one when they come in. It would by tough to beat the turning radius of the liftback but as long as it's close I would be happy. the mileage test posted elsewhere in this forum showed that the sedan will get just as good mileage so that's a plus. I little more cargo room would be great. subwoofers!
    2014 White SE with CVT

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I can't wait for the sedan to come out. I think it'll be even more popular than the hatch. They'll probably end up having swappable parts, and I'm pretty sure a tweaked suspension.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    I can't wait for the sedan to come out. I think it'll be even more popular than the hatch. They'll probably end up having swappable parts, and I'm pretty sure a tweaked suspension.
    Not sure. I have just set in Scion iA (sold as Yaris sedan in Canada) - basically re-badged Mazda2 sedan. Impressions: trunk is huge, but interior-wise Mirage is more practical and spacious. The biggest issue: despite only being 5'5" I barely had head clearance in the back seat. On my memory the only car which had less rear head clearance was Gen2 Eclipse/Talon; it had none for me.

I suspect Mirage G4 may have less rear head clearance too. This is a sedan so the roof will have to slop down.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Try a Ford Fiesta.

Mirage is like a stretch limo in the back compared to a ford fiesta ...

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    that's true. even though I like the fiesta, the interior feels so very cramped. love the leather though on the higher trims.
    2014 White SE with CVT

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    We've got the sedans here in Oz, we've had them for a while, and I have to say I just don't like them... They look weird in my opinion... I looked at one before I bought the hatch and it just didn't do it for me, at all.... I'd buy a stock standard lancer before buying a mirage sedan.... Just sayin'

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.2 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I really like the mirage sedan, but they don't sell it here in US. Have to wait until next year