Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage G4 sedan North American U.S. debut / launch date

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This term Third world country's in tiny miro cars. I think people in the US don't realize that these people have been making these kind of cars for a Long time! It's the US that needs to wake up to Gas savers and give the Mirage the Praise it Deserves! Because a lot of us have fallen on hard times. Ever since I had a 93 festiva in Hooked on great gas mileage and a Miro car like the Mirage. Once you start driving them you can't live without them the Great Gas sippers

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    thanks for posting. interesting read.

i wonder if the celerio will be making it's way to north america. even if, i'd be surprised if they offered that same engine here.

EDIT:

"After two total brake failures during controlled tests by British motoring journalist Lewis Kingston, senior reviewer at What Car? and Autocar, all sales and test drives in the United Kingdom were suspended as of 2 February 2015. The decision was promptly made by Suzuki after two Celerios suffered complete brake failure, in close succession, during the independent tests at Millbrook Proving Grounds. In addition, existing owners in Britain were advised not to drive their cars. Following this announcement by Suzuki UK, other right-hand drive importers such as Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand quickly followed suit. Left-hand drive markets are not affected; nor are cars sold in Japan, India, or Thailand."

EDIT#2: it looks like suzuki no longer sells cars in north america as of 2014
    Last edited by El Kapitan; 02-06-2015 at 04:56 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Some conflicting launch date information, FYI:

http://www.autonews.com/article/2015...project-stalls
    The Mirage sedan will be making its way to NA, the new samsung reskinned galant will not

At the company’s press conference at the Chicago auto show [today, Feb 12 / '15], Mitsubishi Motors North America Executive Vice President Don Swearingen assured the crowd that Mitsubishi is “here to stay” and detailed plans for a refreshed lineup and new models over the next 16 months.

One of these new production cars doesn’t come as much of a surprise: the Mitsubishi Mirage G4 sedan will come to the U.S. market within the next year.
    http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_sh...irmed-for-u-s/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Name: Mirage G4 in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by M-88 View Post
    Are they redesigning the Mirage completely for 2016?
    They don't say "completely". They're giving a new corporate face to all the cars is what I'm reading.

Quote Originally Posted by grsupercity View Post
    So its going to be called Attrage?
    Nope! Good news: here's the first time I've seen Mitsu's Exec VP Don Swearingen refer to it as the "Mirage G4 sedan"...

“In the next 16 months, we are going to reface all of our cars, as well as bring out the Mirage G4 sedan (companion to the hatchback) and the Outlander plug-in hybrid,” Swearingen says.
    http://wardsauto.com/north-america/m...roduct-push-us

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    "reface"?

"Mirage G4" name confirmed for U.S., Canada. 2016 launch.

Not huge news, but this is the first time the "Mirage G4" name has appeared in a company press release in Canada or the US:

A sedan version of today’s Mitsubishi Mirage hatchback is coming to Canada in 2016; it will be called the Mitsubishi Mirage G4.
    I'm a little surprised they're going to try selling the sedan in Canada. (Because we tend to favour hatchbacks, opposite of the U.S.)

Source: http://www.mitsubishi-motors-pr.ca/c...ines-eco-driv1

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Daox (04-01-2015),Mikhail (04-01-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Are we getting the sedan in the US or what? I thought it was going to be shown at the NY Auto show in a few days. Still haven't heard anything and some spy shots of other cars that are going to be shown there are already starting to show up online. I'm getting impatient LOL.... I want the sedan!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That don't make NO SENCE!! Selling it in Canada with Thir low sales of the Hatchback ! They should Sell it in the US!!! For Sure!!!!!

hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)