Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage G4 sedan North American U.S. debut / launch date

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    I agree with MetroMPG as consumers normally focused about styles and specifications.

Same and bashing comments few days or weeks after Mitsu officially introduced the G4 in the Philippines. Most comments were about

1. price differences between hatch and sedan;
    2. resemblance of Toyota Vios 2009/ yaris in other countries (http://paultan.org/2007/04/03/new-to...d-in-thailand/)
    3. power of 1.2L 3 cylinders on a subcompact sedan
    4. price vs subcompact sedan competitors

but now, I havent heard any bashing comments after G4 started running on the road and most of users have this now are satisfied with its performance.

The ads didnt lie to us especially on the fuel efficiency of 21km/l, yet it goes beyond from the expectations read article (http://www.philstar.com/motoring/201...-hot-mirage-g4)

Manual 33km/l
    CVT 26km/l

My friend even told me before i purchased the car that it wasnt a good choice. But after I shown it. The next thing I heard from him "wow! worth buy..."

Silver Surfer

Country
    Thailand
    Thanks
    I've just bought an Attrage (G4) in Thailand. The GLS CVT has a list price of 530,000 baht ($16,000) but got it for 500k and free insurance. The Attrage is about 5% more than the equivalent Mirage here in Thailand. It's made at Laem Chabang just 10kms from my home so i guess that helps with low delivery costs.

Red face Picking up my Mitsubishi Attrage today

Hi Chris - welcome to the forum!

I think you're the 2nd sedan owner here: http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...arage-entry%29

(Please add a garage entry for yours, if you feel so inclined.)

Is yours with a CVT or manual trans?

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Thailand
    Thanks
    Darin

Thanks for the welcome. Mine is a CVT. I particularly wanted the GLS version here in Thailand and they only offer it with CVT.

Chris

Mirage G4 video

Video of the G4 from the Toronto auto show, which is on now:

Notable:

• probably not going to arrive for "a couple of years"
    • expect "significant" changes to styling for North America. (My bet is they'll put the corporate face on the car, ie. the Shark grille approach.)

Hm... there are a fair number of views/comments on this video - direct link to comments page showing all: http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=U_UHkBFzg1o

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Mikhail (02-18-2014)

Mirage G4 for 2015 model year

The final Canadian auto show in the Mirage G4's circuit is on right now in Edmonton, Alberta.

A local dealer just tweeted a pic of the car with a caption that suggests the car's appearance is more than just "market research". They're calling it a 2015 model:

The all new 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 is on display at the Edmonton Expo Centre until Sunday. pic.twitter.com/EiGgyuCd73
    This is just another hint that, if I were a betting man, I'd say the G4 sedan will be on display at the New York auto show next week.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrv4nfRRmVA
    Peru

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYE1zmur0CA
    Syria

I seen this in you tube.. they also launched it in Peru and in Syria
    Silver Surfer

9. The Following User Says Thank You to etm78 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-13-2014)

Country
    Thailand
    Thanks
    The model in the video is exactly what's available in Thailand, and what i bought. Why are they waiting 2 years? surely there would be some demand for it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    In America, we want it now!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I generally prefer a sedan VS a hatch but I wouldn't be surprised if the sedan doesn't get released here in the U.S. - Remember when we 1st received the nissan versa? It was initially only offered in hb form and then nissan released the sedan a year or so later. Nissan then flipped it for the current gen initially selling only the sedan in the U.S. - now we have the hb (note) - Toyota offered a sedan version of the yaris in it's previous generation cycle but currently only offers hb's for the current gen. Not sure what to think about all of this other than manufacturers are likely still a little hesitant to release these vehicles in America due our buying habits & mindset (bigger is better, lol.) - A smaller manufacturer like Mitsu (at least here in the U.S.) is likely required to take extra precaution when considering which models & configurations to release here but that's just my opinion. I know for myself, I would've purchased a sedan version of my vehicle if I had the choice but that's just me.