Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage getting a new competitor in Canada: 2015 Nissan Micra

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I checked the Canadian Nissan page and found out that the Versa sedan with CVT is more expensive than the Versa Note CVT. And there is a high probability that Versa Note is more popular in Canada than in US, where is the sedan is cheaper either manual version or CVT.

Anyway, I don't think that all 12,297 Versas sold in Canada are only Notes.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoehead View Post
    A car, to my mind, should have a great engine at it's core - not a great set of electronic gadgets!
    Totally totally agree on this. That is why I love the Mitsubishi Galant, although the body's prone to rust, there are things squeaking inside, the one thing I know for certain will always work is the engine!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail View Post
    Anyway, I don't think that all 12,297 Versas sold in Canada are only Notes.
    A good point overlooked by that writer.

I just discovered that Nissan Canada has been running a "guess the Micra's price" Facebook contest: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=576047392483705

That makes me think they're going for the lowest price in the market. Tomorrow we'll find out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    A good point overlooked by that writer.

I just discovered that Nissan Canada has been running a "guess the Micra's price" Facebook contest: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=576047392483705

That makes me think they're going for the lowest price in the market. Tomorrow we'll find out.
    In NL Pixo's the cheapest model of Nissan, the competitor of Mirage, not the Micra. Micra's too expensive.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail View Post
    It is usual to see some camouflaged cars on the roads in LA. Today, I ran into a Micra. It had some camouflage stripes on the top side of the car, which were hardly visible from the side. I managed to make a quick photo:
    Attachment 622
    Mikhail, I was wondering about the car you saw. Why do you think they were testing a Micra in LA?

I've read several times recently that Nissan USA has "no plans" to bring the car to the U.S.

The only reason I can think of why they have camo on top of the car is to develop a new rear spoiler, something similar to the Mirage's (an extended/downswept one for better aero/fuel economy). Nissan does have a Cali (San Diego) design center.

Hard to tell from your photo, but that spoiler doesn't look much longer/different from the one shown on the Canadian Micra:

Name:  nissan-micra-now-available-in-canada_100453867_l.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  79.8 KB

On second thought, the one you saw may be a little bit longer. Hard to say.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Looks the same to me. It would have to be noticeably longer to have an effect on aerodynamics.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    it does not look like a Nissan from the side

Micra to start at $9998

Holy moly! Nissan is shaking things up!

today Nissan announced that its all-new 2015 Nissan Micra will start at just $9,998, making it the country's lowest MSRP.
    http://nissannews.com/en-CA/nissan/c...-nismo-concept

That's ~$2k cheaper than the current 3 cheapest cars in Canada (of which Mirage is one).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Yikes, that is some undercut.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I wonder how they could sell it so cheaply. Does anyone have mpg reports or standard feature list?